Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks .. I am sitting at my pc nursing a sore shoulder/hand and my pride. Just out for a short run this morning when the front wheel tucked on a roundabout, bike slid accross the road and flipped on the curb. I guess it will be a write off. Still I am in one bit, didn't hit any roadside furniture so I suppose I am lucky.

Fairing demolished on both sides, footrests ripped off, mirrors gone, exhaust gone, bars scuffed .. might be bent, bobbin for the rear stand looks bent so maybe the swinging arm is stuffed too.

On the bright side that means more spares and less Tornados around so maybe it will help the values. I do like to be positive!

Will be interesting to see what I get offered by the insurer. Mike :bawl: :bawl:

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Jeez - bad luck Mike...

Was there muck on the road or something? Or were you reeeeally pushing it?

Come to think of it - you sure you haven't binned it on purpose so you've got an excuse to upgrade to the LE like everyone else? Go on, go on, you know you want to... :D

But seriously, glad you're ok at least! Have a therapeutic beer / whiskey to ease those bruises...
cheers,
Dom

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thats bad news about the bike but good news about your lack of physical injuries.
I dont suppose there as any oil/diesel on the road that you can try to claim against from the council?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Bad luck mate I hope you recover quickly. Re the insurance they are bound to try and screw you over so might be worth starting to gather evidence of 2nd hand prices (the higher selling ones, not the bargains!).

Col

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
That's real bad luck, Mike; mucho commiserations :( .

Bad luck mate I hope you recover quickly. Re the insurance they are bound to try and screw you over so might be worth starting to gather evidence of 2nd hand prices (the higher selling ones, not the bargains!).

Col
Good point; dealers prices only, the dearer the better :D ! After all, surely they wouldn't expect you to buy an unknown bike from an unknown buyer on, for example, eBay, would they?;)

Good luck

Cheers

Ian

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
shit happens from time to time:(

glad you're okay tho,:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Glad your well Mike I suppose that's what the insurance is for.......

“A winkle is just a bogey with a crash helmet on.”
**** Miller
:D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Glad you're well, mechanical bits can be replaced. 4yrs ago I had my first off in 24yrs, shook me up big style, and it was only some days after the event I realised I had come off very lucky and could have been v seriously injured, one for the lucky stars.
p.s. that leaves 6 weeks to Rogart ;)

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
sorry to hear whats happened :bawl: but like everyone else has said your ok thats the main thing bikes can be replaced you can't!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Gutted for you Mike but glad you managed to get away with it relatively unscathed. :clap:

Bad news on the nelli though :(

I read your post when I was home at lunchtime today but I never had the time to reply then, however, I'll tell you what, I did ride back to work a whole lot more cautious than usual.

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad you're well, mechanical bits can be replaced. 4yrs ago I had my first off in 24yrs, shook me up big style, and it was only some days after the event I realised I had come off very lucky and could have been v seriously injured, one for the lucky stars.
p.s. that leaves 6 weeks to Rogart ;)
Thanks for all the comments everyone .. don't think you would get this on any other forum.
This was my first off (that hurt anyway) since the early 80's. Still have every intention of going to Rogart but it will probably be in the 4 wheeled Benelli support vehicle. The Tornado was my first road bike for about three years .. having stopped to go racing as I had decided the road was getting too dangerous. Perhaps I was right .. will need to think abut it. Off to the village pub now to indulge in some liquid pain killer!!:) Mike

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hi Mike,
Just got in and read your thread, really sorry to hear about your mishap, but just to echo what everyone has already mentioned, glad your OK and capable of going to the village pub, if your stuck and require another road bike for Rogart, I can always offer you my old VFR to head up on.
Regards, Fraser

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
ditto..............know how you feel matey:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Second that one too buddy.

Keep on top of your insurers though buddy and keep your chin up, or should that be your leg, or your pecker!

Al;)

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Hard Luck Mate, at least you are not too bad. Get the Insurance sorted & get straight back down to the nearest Nelli dealers. I got you a bunch of grapes to make you feel better :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Gutted mate, still your OK that's the only real concern.
Get a good wedge from the insurance and get another, thats the trick.
We are the caring sharing forum after all.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts