Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out playing on my CCM on the twisties on Thurs, and had my second off in six months. Knee down, blind bend, stationary queue of traffic :doh: Very nearly missed it too, but not quite. Caught the rear quarter and catapulted into the bank on the opposite side of the road. Scuffed and bruised but nothing too serious. CCM needs some serous bodywork and a straighten up :bawl: Couldve been worse, could have been on nelli :) but shes laid up in the garage with a miss fire. Anyone know where I can get a really long allen key from to undo the bolt in the centre of the airbox?

·
5,931 Posts
.. Couldve been worse, could have been on nelli :) but shes laid up in the garage with a miss fire.
She knew something you didn't! Check her now. Bet she's fixed herself.:rolling:
.. Anyone know where I can get a really long allen key from to undo the bolt in the centre of the airbox?
Buy a REALLY cheap screwdriver. So cheap, that the head would turn to mush the first time you use it. Cut the end off and silver solder a standard (cut off) allen key to it. Well, that's what I did anyway:)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap Steve. :bawl:

With regard to the recessed airbox screw I use one of those magnetic screwdriver thingies which has a long shaft (Ooooh Matron) with the appropriate size of hex bit, 4mm If I remember correctly.

Alternatively, you could use one with a short shaft and a magnetic extension piece (Oooooh missus)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers fellas. I have a long magnetic screwdriver but didnt try it because thought the access hole ooked a bit small but will try it now. Wasnt sure is there was a standard tool that everyone uses like a fuel injection driver or something. Im hoping its the centre cyinder thats at fault so I dont have to dismantle the bike completely.:( Reddog have said if its a coil stick they will send me one as its still (just) in warranty. :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I have a set of T bar allen keys which are available at a decent price through all good tool stockists and allow easy releasing of the clamps on the back of the air box to back of injectors as well as all airbox lid screws (has anyone else got their head stuck between the frame rails whilst upside down ??!!). dont forget to re attach all pipes when refitting airbox.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Steve, sorry to hear of your off :( after the ribbing of BBA, I'll have to be careful on the 'Nelli ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts