·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coincidence or Not ????? :confused:

I've come to work on my Tornado today for 3 reasons,

1, Because I can :D,

2, because the weathers Gorgeous, and

3, because my bikes in for MOT tomorrow and I wanted to check it was running ok ! :doh:

anyway, to the point, I needed fuel and the garage is less than a mile away, so off I toddles :rolleyes: upto Sainsburys garage at a sprightly 6.07am precisely ;) , and as there was only the Super unleaded fuel available I filled her up with that, now then, when I got off on my way the bike felt smoother on the old acceleration ! I also have to say, I recently fitted a Beowulf Warrior exhaust to Nelli and had taken the baffle out but before I set off this morning I put the baffle back in ready for tomorrows MOT.

So my question is, is the bike feeling smoother because I've used better graded fuel or because I've put the baffle back in, or is it simply a coincidence and I'm just being a Numbty ? :D

:)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
319 Posts
with a compression of the Tornado around 12:1, I highly recommend using super fuel with 95octane. Normal with 91 octane will not provide sufficient combustion. Especially at higher revs (and even same at lowest revs) and full throttle, your engine needs urgently 95octane.

·
Registered
47 Posts
with a compression of the Tornado around 12:1, I highly recommend using super fuel with 95octane. Normal with 91 octane will not provide sufficient combustion. Especially at higher revs (and even same at lowest revs) and full throttle, your engine needs urgently 95octane.
In the UK 95 is standard, 97 is 'Super'.

·
Fyule
697 Posts
I put 97 Super in when I can, even in the old guzzi ( but then I also add lead additive and octane booster - I get more revs and better running this way).

BTW Rob, you don't have to have the baffle in for the MOT,I did just the same as you for my MOT last week, the wee wifey there mentioned that as long as the exhaust does not have 'not for road use' stamped on it, then it will p***, baffle in or out. They are looking for seriously offensive track only systems for mot failures. Odd really as some road legal ones with baffles out are louder. rearrange this...sense common window out of the.

Bastards failed mine on back tyre even though when I had it independatly checked 5 minutes after it was at 2.4mm depth at the lowest:mad: just to add to my expense! I really don't think he wanted it to p*** first time. I shall be looking elsewhere for another tester.

good luck with the MOT mate.
Fraser

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hi AL,
Thanks for the clip, I guess on a modern engine design with EFI etc octane booster will have dubious effect. I use a combined lead additive and octane booster in an old design of engine with open carbs, when we went to Rogart I noticed that I managed to get a lot smoother runnnig and an extra 1000 revs of clean pulling with what seemed better accelleration, but that could have been in the mind!!

cheers

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to agree with Kurt on this one Robster the Lobster:rolling:
Oh, by the way Fraser. Did you know that putting in an octane booster actually reduces your bikes performance.

Take a peek here matey;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIE_x3HQd_w

Al:D
Good find Al, makes you wonder about any of this stuff they try to sell you ! :doh: I notice Wynn's are in there too! ;) maybe that's why they are concentrating on "Start you B astard !" :D

:rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I've found that 'For christ's sake, come on' worked for me Rob as 'Start you B*stard' just wasn't cranking the engine over. I always keep a small bottle of 'I swear to god if you don't turn over this time I'm setting fire to you and claiming off of my insurance' for when it's really damp:rolling:

Al;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts