Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have been hunting around for the best place to buy oil online and Opie oils seems to be the place to go. They do a discount scheme for clubs on their site so I thought I would register us. They sent a response earlier today. Any thoughts on whether we would like them to post info / offers? If people would rather we keep that kind of thing off the forums I will ask them to mail me directly and post anything I think is of interest.

Dear Colin,

Thanks for your club application, and apologies for the delay in replying... it's been a busy week!

I'm happy to confirm that we've added Benelli Forum to our list of supported clubs. Your members can now get discounts of at least 10% off our usual prices by registering on our web site. Once registered on our web site and logged in as a member of your club, the prices shown include members discounts, with the normal public price crossed through, for information. All prices shown include VAT, unlike some of the competition.

Your members need to choose your club from the list of clubs when registering. They'll also need to enter their club membership number (if you use them) or forum user name... the direct link for your members to register is https://www.opieoils.co.uk/createaccount-short.aspx

You indicated that you'd like oil advice on your application, so we'll open up an "oil advice and recommendations here" thread.
In our experience, having an oil recommendations thread is a good way of sharing knowledge amongst the community and work best if they are "sticky". I'd be grateful if you'd also let your members know that they can PM "oilman" if they'd like for free recommendations from across the 8 major oil brands we stock.

Looking ahead, if we have special offers for your members or announcements (e.g. future "discount weekends" and competitions), whereabouts on the forum would you like me to make them? We like to think that we are much more than just "a trader" - we are offering discounts and will get involved in contributing to your forum wherever there is anything that lies within our area of expertise - so we do look for a bit of flexibility from forums in allowing us to post offers and competitions. If this is likely to cause a problem, it would be best to address this now rather than later! Please can you ensure that any other moderators (and any new ones that come on board) are aware that you have applied to join our club discount scheme, and that we are, in essence, in partnership: we provide discounts and a service to you and you provide us with a route to market.

So, let us know what you want from us! We can post any or none of:
• technical articles
• offers
• oil advice and recommendations
• anything else you want from us?
If you don't want us to post offers, we'd be grateful if you'd let us know how you'd like us to let your members know of offers and promotions in addition to their Opie Oils club discount - an email / PM to a moderator, perhaps?

If you require any Opie Oils banners or artwork, there is a selection of both in various sizes available on our web site at
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/images/media

Finally, if you have any ideas on how best we can serve your members, or if there are products you would like us to stock, please let me know!

With best regards
Guy ("oilman") and Paul @ Opie Oils

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Good Work Colin :clap: - Its a vital subject worth sorting so having done this to the benefit of all a big thanks is owed to you from us all :)

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Good Work Colin :clap: - Its a vital subject worth sorting so having done this to the benefit of all a big thanks is owed to you from us all :)
Well done, Col!:clap: Why didn't I think of that?:rolling: Or Beero, because he put me onto them?:bow: I get the discount anyway, because I walk in the door, but I must say, they are a helpful, switched on bunch.

Dunno where or how they could post on the forum. What are Roland's thoughts, I wonder?

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Nice one Col.. :clap:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well done, Col!:clap: Why didn't I think of that?:rolling: Or Beero, because he put me onto them?:bow: I get the discount anyway, because I walk in the door, but I must say, they are a helpful, switched on bunch.

Dunno where or how they could post on the forum. What are Roland's thoughts, I wonder?

Cheers
Ian
Assume they will have registered as a member (hence the bit about sending a PM to oilman). As there have been no direct objections, I am going to propose that I ask them to post relevant offers and technical advice only, and that if Roland or anyone else objects in the future, I may have to ask them to send them to me directly. My personal view is as long as its not spam and its relevant or beneficial to us, then it should not be an issue. They do seem to have some good offers occasionally.

Cheers

Col

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Assume they will have registered as a member (hence the bit about sending a PM to oilman). As there have been no direct objections, I am going to propose that I ask them to post relevant offers and technical advice only, and that if Roland or anyone else objects in the future, I may have to ask them to send them to me directly. My personal view is as long as its not spam and its relevant or beneficial to us, then it should not be an issue. They do seem to have some good offers occasionally.

Cheers

Col
Sounds fair enough. How about if they put their contributions under either the 'Benelli Technical', or 'Matching Parts and Accessories' discussion areas? Otherwise, it may open the floodgates for companies to use the Forum as a free advertising area, posting up all over the place. I'm sure they would be happy with that.

Cheers
Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts