Benelli Forum banner

Oulton track day

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Lost Soul 
#1 ·
Hi all,
just to let you know I did a track day today at oulton on the benelli, things didnt go as planned, and i managed to low side it at old hall. (pictures are in my album). the bike took the slide quite well, the fairing stayed in one piece im quite impressed. there is a chunk of plastic missing from the tail piece, and the right footrest mount and front brake lever are both knackered. if anyone knows of any rearsets to fit I think I would rather replace with them instead of the originals. i think it was the lack of clearance that brought me down.
hey ho not to worry, i'm still here to ride another day, just a few bruised ribs and some skin missing of my little finger, every bit helps I suppose when you are trying to loose weight.
speak to you all soon Berny

#2 ·
OUCH!!!!...............too bad you managed to drop it Berny but at least your OK

I arranged a couple of group buys for Robby Moto rearsets a few weeks ago and I can really recommend them:-
http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2211&highlight=rearsets

I wont get the same price for buying a single set but let me know if you are interested and I'll see what I can do.

#4 ·
My sympathy goes out to you fella

At least you are ok - the bike can be fixed - albeit it doesnt look too bad :rolleyes:

I am too chicken to take mine on a trackday - I just go to Ron Haslam race school a couple o times a year and do a track day on their cbr6's

If I had a guarantee that I wouldnt bin my tre (or get punted off by some Elias wannabe) then I would deffo do a track day on her

#7 ·
Well what a cracking bunch you all are, thanks for the support and sympathy, its more than i got of my mates. (p!55 taking shower that they all are). looking at the bike yesterday the damage is minimal, one of the clipons is bent, and with the footrest it is just the fork shaped footpeg holder that has snapped, quite suprised when i phoned KJM to find they have them in stock and will post straight away.( I thought getting benelli parts was like finding rocking horse crap) £23 though for a little piece of ally, i asked about the clip on and i would have to buy the whole thing for about £80, might just make do with a slight kink in mine. also when we were checking the bike over we were laying it down to see how much angle there is before the pegs get down, and i think its safe to say that i didnt run out of clearance, im not that much of a hero, they lean for ever, i think now it was just that the tyres let go. so i am hoping to get it all back together in time for the easter track day at Anglesey, the track there is amazing, for those of you who do track days,make the effort to go there, you wont be dissapionted.
well thanks again guys see you all sometime, ride safely. Berny

#9 ·
No its not the ghost, its the 750 sport. its actually up for sale and is on ebay at the moment, you can also check it out on you tube. just put bernycguzzi in the youtube search, the bike sounds awesome. im only selling due to the fact ive got too many bikes and dont get the time to ride them. just realised as i was writing this ive also got a laverda 668, so i dont know if thats the one you are asking about. bye for now Berny

#11 ·
opps - not a good track day

sad to hear you dropped, good to hear you are fine, if a bit sore.

Bonus to know the B survied the experience.

Hopefully you will be back soon.

Did my 1st few tracks days last year, both on the Tre and loved them will be back for more !!!! Try not to think of the consequences !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.