Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I had the scary experience of a brake failure in the car on the way home from work on Wednesday evening. I was heading down a pretty steep hill at about 55mph.

Anyway, managed to stop the car using the handbrake and phoned the wife to tell her I'd just leave the car by the roadside and she would have to come out in her car and pick me up.

Her response was - how about I get rope and tow you home.

Genius!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Well I had the scary experience of a brake failure in the car on the way home from work on Wednesday evening. I was heading down a pretty steep hill at about 55mph.

Anyway, managed to stop the car using the handbrake and phoned the wife to tell her I'd just leave the car by the roadside and she would have to come out in her car and pick me up.

Her response was - how about I get rope and tow you home.

Genius!
......Bless...:rolling:

Cheers:D
Ian

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Deary me, you are having some issues with the brakes on that car - is it the same one you've had the handbrake looked at several times?

Glad you got it stopped though, big car to have wandereing about without brakes.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Assassin.

If it was my wife, I'd be asking myself...

Did she do the "job" on the brakes?
Did she come and collect the car before the police looked it over?
Will she have another go?
:rolling:

Glad your okay chap.;)

My dads brakes went out on his VW when I was young, and that frit me to death too! He used the handbrake. :eek:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers gents - lines weren't cut...thankfully...just a seal had eroded. Hopefully get it back today. Its a real bugger to stop using the handbrake as its operated by a foot pedal. So you need to have your foot on the pedal, and hand on the release mechanism at the same time so you don't lock it up.

Hopefully this is that last issue for a while.!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts