Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where i can get a rear paddock stand designed specifically for the TNT (if there is one!) Or is it just a case of buying a normal universal stand? Cheers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just use a universal type on mine and it works fine. Only thing i did was add some additional foam to the cups to protect the swing arm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bringing back an old thread...

ABBA stand looks nice, but shipping cost to the US would be pretty high. I have a generic Pit Bull rear stand, but the TNT swing arms are too far apart for it.

What is everyone else using?

Thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
paddock stand

The cheapest option is to get some threaded steel the right diameter to go through the hollow rear axle (very cheap in builder's merchants), cut to size and put some bobbins on each end. If you haven't got these, just lock some nuts with a gap for the paddock stand forks. Takes 2 mins to put on/take off. This works unless you want to take the wheel out - I use Abba stand for this - it's the most secure way to hold the bike, and you can work on either end.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I've bought R&G Racing rear axle sliders and will use them as bobbins with a regular rear stand. This is the most cost-effective way. Shipping cost would have more than doubled the price of an Abba stand...

·
Registered
251 Posts
i just got some Moto Gp stands. £50 quid for the F & R set does me fine. Only problem is i am not confident on lowering the bike without a second person to make sure she stays upright. My bike is on stands right now and i want to go out on it but my misses aint here to help me drop it down so i am stuck.:doh:

I have heard of too many accidents when bikes have fallen over when being lowered by a bloke on his own.

·
Registered
48 Posts
^ I think you just need to get used to using the stands. When using a rear stand in conjuntion with a front stand, always put the bike on the rear stand FIRST. When lowering the bike, you must remove the FRONT stand FIRST. If you find the bike leaning too much on its kick stand to start putting on the rear stand, first put a brick or a book under the kick stand to make the bike stand more upright to ease the task. HTH.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I couldn't find one. :confused:

So... I had to modify one. I got a Robby Moto stand and had spacers made to widen it. Now it works great. I'll see if I can measure the stand with the spacers to tell you roughly what you need.

Remeber, if you use the Maniac Motors Paddock Stand Adapters then you can use any stand. I just felt worried about these adapters marring the rear swing arm.

Sooo... I used the R&G rear sliders. So I had to figure something out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got my TnT back and rechecked with my Pit Bull stand... yeah, it's not wide enough by about 1/2 inch.

I asked the dealer what they used when working on the TnT. They said they used Pit Bull stand for Ducati Sport Classic's - not ideal, but good enough. My neighbor has a Paul Smart and I will ask him if he has one. If so, I'll try it out and report back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
OK, my neighbor actually uses a Ducati stand made especially for its Paul Smart (Sport Classics). I will check that out when he gets back from his PCH road trip. I have a good feeling that it will fit (wide enough).

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's confirmed that the Ducati stand for Sport Classic-style bikes works on the TnT. Sport Classic has the similar tubular swing arms like the TnT. In fact, its swing arms are farther apart than the TnT.

I just ordered one for $160.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts