Honda Black Metallic NHA73M 1/4

Benelli Racing Green from the 70s factory bikes
Suggestion from the Paolo at the Storico in Pesaro
RAL 6029/MINT GREEN

Red
250 / 500 Quattro, 750 Sei, 2c
DAF Coral Red

Red 250 2c and others
Fiat 171 Rossi Arrancio -can anyone confirm if this is the same as the 500 Quattro and 750 Sei?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Colorcode

I have similiar problem with the old silver metallic. I have small scratches at the petrol tank. I went with tank under my arm to a professionell varnisher and he analyzed the colour using a spectral photometer and checked the result against a database with 30.000 colors. But no one matched to 100%, 84 was the maximum. Thats not enough. The reason: the original colour was changed by the sun. Now we compared the tank with cards and found out, the SAAB silver metallic is similiar. The guy of garage used this colourcode and checked it again against the result of the measurement and I was happy: The computer print out a recipe of a mix with 6 colours and now we had a match of 95,5%.

Here in German most of old red bikes are coated with Volkswagen Marsrot LA3A. But next week I will visit the garage again with the red cover of my SEI.
I hope my english is ok for. I will keep you informed, what the photometer 'says' if we will analyze the red.

Matthias

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sei Red

Any news on the red paint Matthias......I don't have any red bodywork to match......If not I will try to find DAF Coral red.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not really. The analsyis of my red shows a result which doesn't match to colourcaode of a manufacturer. But we got a formula how we have to combine some colours to get the right one. Unfortunately I will get the formula after I my tank is given to garage, painted and payed. This will take time because the winter is back in Germany and I will seal my tank inside first before the new red will come.
Another option for you is Honda "Monza Red" (R-110) + Clear coat. That very similias to one of the reds which have been used by Benelli.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sei Red

OK Thanks for that. Will look into very soon as I have a good set of bodywork now ready to be stripped, coated inside with caswell then painted. Hoping if I get this done it will give me inspiration to complete the basket case I have.

·
Registered
159 Posts
OK have been told Ferrari 308 GTO Red is spot on, also Lancia Integrale Red as well.
Have sent my parts off to a painter fingers crossed, have seen his work which is high standard but he's never done a Benelli Sei before.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah i know it's not true blue, but it isn't green either. In reality it's a greenish blue, or a blueish green. :)
Either way, i hope anyone knows a matching paint code.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

During the vist of the WBW 2013 I noticed a blue 500 Quattro in the museum of Wilfried. I asked him if this would be be a Beneelii colour. He told me, the blue was used only by Motobi. And they prduced also a Motobi 750 SEI. Therfore I think you saw a Benelli in 'Motobi blue' or a Motobi with Benelli decals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I'm planning to build a 500 GP 1974 replica and I really thank you all for the huge amount of hints I'm finding in the forum.
Just one question: in the first threads I got the RAL code for the "mint green", but I'm not sure at all about the grey used on the top part of fairing. I'm not even sure it's grey 'cause in some french website they talk about a "blanc" that means "White"...
Is it a matt color? Is it metallic?
Can anybody help me with that?
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
I'm planning to build a 500 GP 1974 replica and I really thank you all for the huge amount of hints I'm finding in the forum.
Just one question: in the first threads I got the RAL code for the "mint green", but I'm not sure at all about the grey used on the top part of fairing. I'm not even sure it's grey 'cause in some french website they talk about a "blanc" that means "White"...
Is it a matt color? Is it metallic?
Can anybody help me with that?
Thanks a lot!

I see no one has answered this!!

As the man said the code for green has been posted what about the silver?? I also need the paint code for the silver used on the racing Benelli's

come on people someone out there must know :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Paint color

OK I have 2 new red NOS Benelli 750 Sei side panels I can now use to get a perfect paint match for my tank respray.
When the painter has the codes I will post them here.
I also have a NOS 750 Sei side panel in that bluey/green color that you were talking about.
You can use that to get a perfect match if you want to.
Rgds….

·
Registered
58 Posts
Racing Silver

A list of paint codes and matches for Benellis

Metallic black
900/6, 354 Sport, 125 2C sport
Honda Black Metallic NHA73M 1/4

Benelli Racing Green from the 70s factory bikes
Suggestion from the Paolo at the Storico in Pesaro
RAL 6029/MINT GREEN

Red
250 / 500 Quattro, 750 Sei, 2c
DAF Coral Red
Any code numbers for the Silver used on the fairings of the 70's works bike?

Ian

·
Registered
58 Posts
"Works silver" on racers

Have not been able to find the exact one used but would recommend LA7W which is a VW colour
Regards

Ian

1 - 20 of 29 Posts