Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just cleaned the tre this morning after yesterdays run. just completed 2000miles and paint is flaking off the fairing lowers already:bawl: . have sent some pictures to the dealer to see if he will initiate a warranty claim without me having to do the 250mile round trip to show him.
:doh: I have been extra carful cleaned and polished after every day out. Are the replacment panels any better? has any one had there bike painted by a professional bike painter?is it really just bad workmanship or is it the plastics they use?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
you are supposed to got through the dealer 1st call so `in answer to your ?about sending a pic that should be fine if they say no then send them straight to motogb and they will deal with it .As to the reason s for the flaky paint on the lowers i have painted a few for people with no probs so far I just stripped them well down and used the correct painting procedures for the products i use i did however use adhesion promoter to the panels but i do believe that they just replace the lowers .Some one will correct me if i`m wrong i`m sure .

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Mine were replaced under warranty but the problem still came back, sadly out of warranty now but when i find a bit starting to go i just touch it up with a touch up i got of feebay. There was a thread on the other day saying about the way the pannels were sprayed and not been preped properly because there made of nylon. Not bonding correctly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did they let you keep the old panels? if so I was thinking I could get them painted properly for the next time when its out of warranty

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
I was at Brighton today & i spoke to the company that Sprayed my RS (Altamura) the boss told me he has 6 Benelli`s from KJM that need spraying due to paint flaking....He is doing one in Peter Goddard colours...Should be nice when its done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Bugger someones beat me to it with the goddard rep... It's my intention to get the le done in the next couple of yrs. Did he say if it was an le?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I have just come across a pic colin of an LE (me on an LE trail again and found another interesting one ;) ) already in WSB Colours that was taken in 2006 although it may of been a german bike on a show stand i'm waiting for confirmation so reckon yours will be the first LE in the UK .

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Michelangelo? Nope!

Just cleaned the tre this morning after yesterdays run. just completed 2000miles and paint is flaking off the fairing lowers already:bawl: . have sent some pictures to the dealer to see if he will initiate a warranty claim without me having to do the 250mile round trip to show him.
:doh: I have been extra carful cleaned and polished after every day out. Are the replacment panels any better? has any one had there bike painted by a professional bike painter?is it really just bad workmanship or is it the plastics they use?

Poor bugga!:doh: Sorry to hear your plight!!
They do offer to do the paint. ;)
I'm getting a new one and the chap did say "they all do that sir", so I'm ready.:(
The prat in the factory was sniffing the thinners when he did all the bikes.;)
Evidently the factory prep on the panels is to blame, so I was informed.:mad:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have just come across a pic colin of an LE already in WSB Colours that was taken in 2006 although it may of been a german bike on a show stand i'm waiting for confirmation so reckon yours will be the first LE in the UK .
There have been a few "stickered up" including the german ones, but I have yet to see one properly painted. There was one at red dog a while back which jr had pics of but again a sticker job. If I got it done it would be a proppa airbrush job like lees, but sounds like someone beat me to it :doh:

·
Registered
61 Posts
paint?

Yes mine has started to flake off already only done a 1000 miles from new last November see pic below I have contacted my dealer Red dog hope to hear something positive soon.

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Bugger someones beat me to it with the goddard rep... It's my intention to get the le done in the next couple of yrs. Did he say if it was an le?
I dont think it is an LE, ill try to find out for you mate. it will look the business if Altamura do it, there web site is worth a look

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yeah they have some mint looking bikes on there I have had a good look previously. It was my intention to use them if and when I do it, so I will be gutted if someone has beat me to it! Oh well, it will save me a load of money if its an LE cos the attraction was having something unique.
If its a standard Tre though thats ok - means they will have a practice run before doing mine :rolling:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Urrrr.

Thats a nasty one!:(

If that happens out of warranty I'm getting a replica job done.:bawl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts