Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its rant time :rolleyes:

As you know... There's an issue with the paint peeling on the panels....

My bike is suffering from this and its only a year old!!!!.

I've put in a warranty claim but I've been told some people haven't had their panels exchanged within 6 months!!!!

I got to the point where I can't wait anymore ..... So I've decided to use my local body shop....

If you want your panels done then your looking at £80 per panel plus £18 delivery....

Contact me at [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Been waiting over a year now for my replacement panels :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand why it takes MOTOGB so long to sort these problems.

They certainly not doing the brand any favours....

Even though I think the Benelli Tornado is a great bike MotoGB's customer service are beyond belief......

·
Registered
401 Posts
Was having my right hand one done due to buyin the bike damaged but the paint on the left one was coming off to, so decided to strip that one to and have painted. The panels are shinny once the paint is removed so there is nothing for the paint to grip to thats all the fault is, crap prep?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I was told that the paint peel problem had been sorted out which is obviously a load of bull...

I was told that the first lot of panels hadn't had been prepaired properly using etching primer hence the peel.

My exhaust is also leeking which I've been told "they all do that".

Bikes only done 600 miles...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just out of interest what build year is your bike (not reg) mine is an 04 on a 08 plate all the bikes where made between 2003 and 2004 so what is an early bike, how many where made, who know's.

On a safety note tho do you still have the factory fitted tyres on the bike as again they are probably well past there best (think thats why lots of the new ones get dropped) mine has still got the factory fitted tyres on but im not using it yet till i change them they where made in the 51st week of 03

·
5,934 Posts
I was told that the first lot of panels hadn't had been prepaired properly using etching primer hence the peel. .
Bottom panels are made from nylon, so priming is particularly difficult - but it can be done.
My exhaust is also leeking which I've been told "they all do that".
They do, because they aren't sealed at all. Here's how I fixed my Tornado.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mate,

Thanks for that....

If someone now asked me if I would buy another TRE I would say no.

I would say admire someone elses and let them have the headache. :)

I've had nothing but grief from the dealer and the main importer.

This will make you laugh - I was told the paint peeling was only cosmetic !!!!! and doesn't effect the running of the bike!!!! Thats from the main distributor....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts