Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you all used to protect your precious tnt paintwork? Whats my best option? Motrax sell some cheap sheets of clear laminate, but Im not sure how neat it will look when applied. There is a company called invisible patterns that sell some really expensive stuff - but it might just end up being the same as the motrax stuff.:D

So what do you all suggest? I set off for Europe in 24 days and want it sorted in time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Paint for the CR is very expensive, so the word "cheap" should not be in your vocabulary when it comes to protecting your bike. I used clear laminate from 3M, stretchy and tough... I also used up a whole sheet trying to cut it just right so it would fit without any bumps or wrinkles. It can be done, and look as if it isn't there. Have fun:D

What have you all used to protect your precious tnt paintwork? Whats my best option? Motrax sell some cheap sheets of clear laminate, but Im not sure how neat it will look when applied. There is a company called invisible patterns that sell some really expensive stuff - but it might just end up being the same as the motrax stuff.:D

So what do you all suggest? I set off for Europe in 24 days and want it sorted in time.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Invisible patterns are good, worth every penny.
Having said that they wanted my Desmo for a whole day and £500 to cover it!!!!
Bought a second set of fibreglass body work from a company in Belgium for £700 and will be putting the carbon kit in the loft!!!!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I might have to look into this too as I've already had a couple of stone chips on the front of the tre:(

Al;)

·
1,231 Posts
Venture

Venture Shield did me LE while I was in Britain. The film had a flaw in it every three inches there was a two to three inch line in the flim. They tried to tell me it was my fault and that I had creased their film in application...perfectly every three inches spot on. Then they found out that their installer had put it on for me. They still somehow concluded that it was my fault. I won't use them again.

3M makes a shield as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts