Benelli Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contacted a company in Edinburgh today regarding getting the invisible film fitted on my new bike, i noticed the kit on a Ducati 1098 in Ducati Glasgow showroom. The pack is very comperhensive and they have the Benelli kit available and it more or less covers the full bike and comes with a 3 year warranty for 195.00 inc vat and fitting, anyone had this done.

Stevie

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I would ask Laurence about this one Stevie. He has it fitted to his bike (or at least had it fitted, not sure if it's on his new one though). Very hard to see but it seems to take a teenie bit of shine off of the bike if you ask me.

Al:)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Not yet buddy. It get's picked up on the 1st of March but I think this time I'll be a damn site more forceful than I've been in the past. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. Hopefully, we scots lads can get a ride out organised even if it's only a trip to the bsb round at knockhill. I will urge everyone on here though to make time for the MotoGP round at Donnington. I went there last year with John (R1 Convert as he used to be known on here) and his mate Jack. I swear, it was one of the best times of my life with these guys. What a ball we had. Soooo much Jack, soooo many laughs, great bike racing and scorching hot weather to boot.;)

Al:bow:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Donny MOTO GP is deffo for me big fella (I live bout 20mls away)
I hoping to get to all 3 days again - managed it last year - I was amazed how busy it was tho on the Friday (thought it would be like practice day at BSB rounds- how wrong was I !!!!)
With a bit of luck I may get some free tickets again - a contractor that has worked for me in the past has a box there :bow: - last year I got 8 free tickets for both qualifying days but only 2 for race day (they only open the box on race day - but free admission to mototgp is a big bonus - even by an englishmans standard !!!)
:clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Contacted a company in Edinburgh today regarding getting the invisible film fitted on my new bike, i noticed the kit on a Ducati 1098 in Ducati Glasgow showroom. The pack is very comperhensive and they have the Benelli kit available and it more or less covers the full bike and comes with a 3 year warranty for 195.00 inc vat and fitting, anyone had this done.

Stevie
£195!!!!!

Stevie, I'm sorry to say this, but if you pay that much for this kit then you are a mug.

I do not mean to offend, however go to ebay and do a search for 'Invisigard'
It is the same as Rhinoprotect in the UK and I got my kit shipped to me for about £42 - that was including the shipping from the USA!

I haven't seen it of late on there, but if I have still got the emails from them I'll dig out the website addy and let you know. On the other hand use of your favoured search engine and inserting 'Invisigard+Benelli+Tornado' might help.
Fitting is quite simple as long as you follow the directions given.

As for a loss of shine, no one has noticed it on my bike until I have pointed it out to them (mind you it is normally covered in road grime!)

Andy

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Donny MOTO GP is deffo for me big fella (I live bout 20mls away)
I hoping to get to all 3 days again - managed it last year - I was amazed how busy it was tho on the Friday (thought it would be like practice day at BSB rounds- how wrong was I !!!!)
With a bit of luck I may get some free tickets again - a contractor that has worked for me in the past has a box there :bow: - last year I got 8 free tickets for both qualifying days but only 2 for race day (they only open the box on race day - but free admission to mototgp is a big bonus - even by an englishmans standard !!!)
:clap: :clap:
Are there any freebies going for a fellow Black/Silver Benelli owner, who helped badger KJM for you???:bow:

Andy;)

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Your in luck Stevie, see:-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bene...tegoryZ35614QQihZ002QQitemZ120087282781QQrdZ1

This is what I have fitted to both my previous and current Tornado. The fact that I fitted it to my second one says it all really.

Here is the companies website which gives you loads of info about the product and how to fit it.
http://www.autotrimdesign.net/category.jsp?category=9452

I looked at the product that you mentioned from the company based just outside Edinburgh :- http://www.defendall.com/default.aspx and this looked pretty good also.Their product for the Tornado comes as a 20 piece kit that covers more of the bike that the Invisigard item which comes as a 9 piece kit but it is much more expensive.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

·
1,228 Posts
Paint protect

Call James at Rhinoprotect and sheck out his website. He is a top bloke. Also, they use my LE at the shows here in the UK. Tell him american John sent you. They will also apply it for you as well if you are not so inclined.

jr

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for your replies, i am going to go for the defendall in Edinburgh, i think 195.00 is money well spent as it covers most of the vulnerable bits. I seen the Defendall kit in Ducati Glasgow on a 1098 and was impressed with the Finish. The guy in Edinburgh said the template was made for a Tornado owner who told them what parts he wanted covered so the kit was based on what he wanted for his bike.

No offence TornadoTre at all, my wife will call me worse than a mug when she finds out :D

Laurence thanks, i thought about the 9 piece kit and was ready to order it yesterday until i came across the Defendall, what put me off was the fact that if i spent £ on this kit and the parts of the bike that the kit did not include got chipped i would be greetin and wished i had got the full kit, especially as i do a lot of close riding with my mad mates and my Fireblade which did not have a mark on it in 4 years finally got splattered last summer with stone chips, pissed me off.:bawl:

Big Al, i would be up for a run out anytime, 12 of us went to the BMF in Kelso last summer and what a weekend that was, scorching weather and plenty booze, absolutely brilliant, left on the Sunday and straight to Knockhill for the BSB.
Good luck with your bike hope you get it all lined out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Call James at Rhinoprotect and sheck out his website. He is a top bloke. Also, they use my LE at the shows here in the UK. Tell him american John sent you. They will also apply it for you as well if you are not so inclined.

jr
Hi johny, i had a look there going to give them a call and see what the kit includes, 89.00 DIY which would be no problem for me to fit myself it seems straightforward.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Morning campers

Just popping back to see how me Nelli tribe is doing.

TBH I found that even though AutoTrim Design (makers of Invisigard) are based in the States their product comprises of more pieces than Rhinoprotect for the same delivered price.

I can recommend the Invisgard sdtuff coz I had it on the Factory, the Nelli and now getting it for the R1

·
1,228 Posts
pieces

I bought the set from them in the states however James has the exact same set. The film is a 3M film and is from the same manufacturer regardless where it comes from. The computer program that cuts the films is the same at invisiguard and at rhinoprotect. Also, the kit I bought from invisiguard had an imperfection in it every 6 inches. James at rhinoprotect took care of it lickity-split and a little extra cost for that customer service is worth it in my book. You just have to specify that you want the full kit as you can get kits with a peice, 2 pieces, 10 pieces, etc. or more if that is what you bike has available. James also has used my LE for computer modeling to create the tail pieces for the bike since the Benelli kit was originally only available for the standard model. I will go with James when buying any kits. Better to get service 100 miles away in London than to try to get it 6500 miles away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts