G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the RS for 4 weeks now...nearly run in

Had a closer look at some of the 'quality finishing' on it

So far I've got

- paint peeling on lower right hand fairing
- black plastic insert on RHS insider fairing doesn't seem to fit properly
- Screw on the inside of air duct (presumably to hold panel to frame) is sticking out...must have been X threaded as I can't tighten it
- Bolt insert in the top of fairing inside seems to have been made of cheese as I took the bolt out and most of the thread came with it!
- Rear seat fits the rear rear cowl as well as a bikini hides a fat birds' arse.

Pretty minor things I know but bloody annoying for a new bike especially as the parts will aparently take 3 months to arrive!!! Thats for the bits they decide to change. I suppose the honeymoon couldn't last forever.

:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm with you on that. I haven't seen any peeling paint yet but with the rear cowl off exposing the rear seat it looks really bad, the seat doesn't even cover the gaps in the plastic tail. Luckily, I rarely ride with the cowl off anyway, but it's still annoying for a high-end bike to have such a poorly-fitted piece.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Rs so Far

apart from the right side fairing in the cockpit overlapping the black plastic interior panel (I have been bothered to undo it all and re-align it so far, and the tiny allen screws on that metal tang plate for the oil filter not coming undone, must be bloody loctite in there and I'm afraid to lean on it to much and having to drill and tap the frigging thing,) I've never had a problem with my RS, certainly no paint issues, it was made 4/04. First thing i did was rip the pillion pegs off and I've never taken the pillion cover off :lol .

Mind you its still only done 3000 clicks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just off the phone to KJM who have told me that Benelli still haven't sent out the part for my bike to get me back on the road:evil I'm at my wits end with this bike now. I feel sorry for the poor lads at KJM who are in the firing line when it comes to people chasing up parts etc. Good luck to them if they want to try and establish the Benelli brand in the UK, but if Benelli can't provide a reasonable level of service and support to their dealers then how can they expect the dealers to be able to pass this on to their customers when the fault clearly lies with them. Come on Benelli, you could have a very loyal customer base and a reputation that could be second to none if you just stopped delaying the obvious ..... looking after your customers:(
I feel as though I could rant forever but I'm gonna take my frustration out on an email to Benelli customer services>:

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are you waiting for mate?

I've got some friends in Italy who might be able to source it within the dealer network if KJM are struggling from the factory?

I have used this method loads for the Raptor.. far far quicker and much cheaper than using 3X

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm (or rather KJM are) waiting on an oil pump arriving. I've just tried to call that factory just now so that I could tell the head of customer relations that if I was to ever see him then he'd get a toothless mouth from me (well maybe not in so many words:lol ) but the buggers shut for lunch:evil
I'm really tempted by the Benelli day that they are having in Italy (I'm on holiday on the days that they're running too) just so that (if my bike is ready in time) I can let some of the big wigs know what a shambles this is turning out to be. Might just get some freebies out of it ... who knows;)

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK.. well would you like to me ask?.. maybe pm me with the engine number/VIN.. whatever is needed...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When,s the Benelli day? and is it open to all Benelli owners?
It's on the 17th and 18th of this month and as far as I'm aware all Benelli owners are invited:D It's a long drive down to Italy though:eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paint Quality

I noticed even before purchasing my Tre that members of this forum were haveing trouble with paint peeling. Well, sure enough one scratch on the lowers and the paint began to peel. I took the pannel to my painter who offered the following instructions and completed the repair. First of all the lower farring parts are injected molded. This means that they must use a release agent to get the parts out of the mold. It is this release agent when not propoerly cleaned and preped that does not allow the paint to properly stick to the part. If you are going to repaint you must first remove all the original paint, clean with both a water based and a solvent based wax and grease remover. If you have the facilities, the part should then be heated to between 120 and 140 degrees which will sweat out any remaining release agent. Again clean with solvent. Then sand with 320 grit paper and prime with PPG NCP 271. Lite sand again with 600 grit and paint. That should end your peeling problems. He did mine this way and it works perfectly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Paint Quality

But was yours still covered under the warranty? There will be no way I'm going to pay to get mine resprayed and fork out the additional cost when I shouldn't have to. I just wish the the factory would pull their finger out their arses and get problems like this solved. I tried to call the factory a couple of days ago and they put me through to an english speaking sales person (she sounded really foxy too:lol ) who basically said that the only thing that I can do is send them an email as no one else speaks english:(
So, if I'm going to keep this bike of mine which I'm starting to hate then I better get learning Italian pretty quickly as I think I'll be on to the factory complaining more than once>:

Ciao

Alessandro;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hi Al,

I guess you spoke to susanna. Be patience everything will be OK once I hope. She is really nice and I'am sure she will do anything to get you (the customer) satisfied.:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Let's hope so saloe;) I've never felt more frustrated in my entire life with this Tre of mine:( I'm still trying to look on the bright side and know that once this work is done to it then that should (fingers crossed) be me ready to rock and roll until my next service:b
On a quick side note saloe ...... I was looking for a front sprocket for the tre and have come across a site that (I think) sells them but they are based in the Netherlands and I can't make out what they're talking about on their website:lol
Here is the link www.brabantmotors.nl/Accessoires/Tornado%20Tre%20900.htm I was wondering if you could let me know what they say about the front sprocket there? I think that they are saying that it's a lightweight one but I'm only guessing:lol
If you could let me know saloe then it would be much appreciated mate.

Al;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thanks for that irfuel:D Now all I need to do is try and suss out how to order the damn thing:lol

Al:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Al, i,ve ordered quite a bit of stuff from Brabant motors, great blokes to deal with, the chap you need to contact is called Joris. The only thing is you have to pay by electronic transfer which adds a bit onto the bill.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thanks for that Hector;) I'll send the bloke an email to see what the damage will be (might even order the smoked double bubble while I'm at it:D ).

Al:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Hi Al,

I saw Irfuel already translated the dutch text for you.
I think I will give brabant motors a visit this weekend.

Most of the parts you can also order at Benelli.de

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I forgot all about the German site saloe. Can't understand what the hell they're on about either:lol If the front sprocket is the same as the one that brabant are selling then brabant beat them hands down on price.
Saloe .... what part of the brabant wesite lets you place an order for overseas customers?

I really should learn another language. I'm such an uncultured swine:lol

Al:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts