Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it could only happen to me and Al :doh:

Front paddock stand gave way resulting in parts required to BBA's bike

1: Standard front mudguard
2: Front brake lever
3: Top OS Fairing

Anyone got either the lever or the stock mudgusrd lying around not needed???

:clap:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Well it could only happen to me and Al :doh:

Front paddock stand gave way resulting in parts required to BBA's bike

1: Standard front mudguard
2: Front brake lever
3: Top OS Fairing

Anyone got either the lever or the stock mudgusrd lying around not needed???

:clap:

Oh Poop ! Sorry to hear that guys, hope you get sorted !

Typical, I have a rear standard mudguard on my garage wall But not a front one ! :doh:

:confused:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:doh:

What about the wheels did they survive?

Did you have the rear stand on? says on my front stand not to use without a rear one also or did it all topple over

Or an ABBA stand which is even better

Why not send for a pazzo shorty brake lever or titax or ASV,

or this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BENELLI-TORNA...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1683|293:1|294:50

Why not go for the carbon fairings and carbon mudguard also

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Bad luck fellas...

I've got an original pair of levers available, having replaced mine with the ones Laurence sourced recently.

PM me with your address if you want me to send you brake lever?

cheers,
Dom

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
pm me your address,i've got a standard tre front mudguard you can have

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I feel really bad for n33ly lads. The man was went right out of way to try and get these Dymags on for me and this happens. First of all the folk who fitted the tyres to the rims had put them on so that the lightest part of the tyre was way off from the tyre valve on the rims leaving them out of balance. The rear wheel would have needed 70gms to balance it out!!!! So N33ly broke the beading on the tyres so that we could spin the tyres around on the rims and got the tyres balanced. Then he got a tool fabricated from one of his neighbours so that we could get the wheels off of the bike. Then after much faffing around we managed to get the wheel off and tried to refit it only to discover that the chain wouldn't be big enough to go around the larger rear sprocket that was on the Dymags. So thanks to Mr Laurence 'The stockroom' White we got a hold of a smaller front sprocket hoping that that would give us the clearance we needed. It did but the chain was just too tight. Also, the aluminium block that goes through the spindle that the chain tesioner bolts press agains wouldn't go back onto the bike. The hole in the center of the block was not big enough. Weird one I know but true. So N33ly had to make the hole larger before we could get this fitted. So I bought another chain and we got that put on today and all was looking good until the bike decided to lay itself down on N33lys' garage floor. We were both stunned as the bike started to topple over and eventualy came to a rest. The bike was (or so it seemed) firmly on the front paddock stand.
Anyhow, N33ly has went right out of his way for me (even doing this when he should have been working) to get the job finished and I can't thank him enough:bow: The Dymags are on and got road tested today (albeit on rather greasy and damp road conditions which didn't do my sphinter any good being new tyres and all, and N33ly telling me that the bike would be like a f*cking bucking bronco now that it's a 15/43 combination on the sprockets :rolling: ) Rusty did say that the bike would still be okay for 140mph but that it would accelerate like a f*cking scud missile:D Not really had the chance to test that out today because of the conditions but it does pull a fair bit more than it used to. 1st gear is good for about 12mph and 2nd for about 24mph (more if I red lined it of course). I kept trying to knock it up another gear but of course I was already in 6th but even then it still pulls like it's in third:D

So a big thank you goes out to N33ly for all of his help over the last couple of days, it was really really appreciated mate:bow::bow:

Tomorrow I head up to the Isle of Skye with Kiddy for a piss up and the chance of riding some great roads. Let's just hope the weather holds out;)

Thanks again N33ly, you're a star:bow: (a filthy womanising bugger .... but a star;) )

Al:D

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Gutted for you both, those slow-mo paddock stand falls are the worst! Glad you got everything sorted and can ride the bike. I haven't changed the gearing on mine but sounds like it would be worth it. :clap:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Bl**dy stands!!! Havinmg had rear stand incident know how you feel :bawl:

This is where I got my new brake lever from - only £15 plus postage.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Gutted for you mate... Can't think of anything else ta say.. :(

·
Registered
414 Posts
Glad to hear after all the trauma's you have finally got them awesome wheels fitted.

Gutted for you re falling off paddock stand, hope you get some bits off the guys on the forum to get your ride back to showroom standard.

Take it easy this weekend as weather forecast is sunny intervals......

Enjoy that awesome acceleration though....

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bad luck fellas...

I've got an original pair of levers available, having replaced mine with the ones Laurence sourced recently.

PM me with your address if you want me to send you brake lever?

cheers,
Dom
Dom you are a legend and a gent.. :bow:

pm me your address,i've got a standard tre front mudguard you can have
Fred you are also a legend and a gent.. :bow:

Al, looks like we have been saved by the gents on the greatest forum :)
Many thanks again guys :clap:

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Oh buggery bollox chaps, that horrible toppling feeling along with the wierd feeling in the pit of your guts. Glad to hear that it was minimal damage though and some parts are already on their way. Sorry I don't have any that would help you out.

Al - Enjoy Skye, don't go leading kiddy astray now:clap:

I know it has been said before, but it's great the way that people pull together here.

Must get out for a ride with n33ly and the guys again in the borders area.

cheers, Fraser

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Holy macaroni!!!.................gutted for you guys :(

If the parts don't turn up as expected, I'll have a look in the 'stockroom' and see what I can find.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This only goes to prove n33ly that this is the best forum on the net:bow:

Al:bow:
So true Al! :)
Dom & Fred... prob best PM Al or Al you pm our saviours :bow: with details as im not on here much these days... Thanks again guys.. will get some beers in if we meet at a Benelli trip :)

Just need to get your top fairing sorted Al.. :eek:

If all these recent threads of bikes toppling off paddock stands isn't enough to make you purchase an Abba stand... please do it.. Im off to find one now! :(

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Fcuking hell AL !!!!!!

Stuff like this only happens to you eh fella !!!

Proper gutted for you - I had mine fall off the stand last year - couple of minor scratches on the top fairing that T Cut out - but bust the mirror big time (got a new one) and took a chunk out of the paint on the rear wheel :doh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts