·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current progress

thanks to p65crosser

fairiing tank and seat unit currently being fitted

exhausts being fitted from John Clarijs

front and rear wheel from john including replica forks triple tree clip ons period

next stage is form the top tube for the frame before removing the engine to replicate the original factory race frame, we will have the section that ran under the fuel tank either side and hopefully make the frame chassis stiffer.

then it’s engine out, I’m not sure what level to take the engine. I have done a lot of research on possibilities and I think current engine would disappoint with power. What are thoughts on here. I’ve found race cams and pistons wiseco for Honda engine 500/550 SOHC I beleive these are the same internals.

can anyone help regarding high performance parts for the engine as currently I can only find suppliers in the US.

I will post progress photos once I have some interesting ones .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hello Mr Wilson,
You don’t say where you are but, as you say that you can only find performance parts in the USA I assume that you are in the UK. If I were you I would speak to Selwyn as I know that he built a successful 500 racer recently.

Richard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Further update on my project, it took a backseat for a while but now back on the project.

making slow progress stil setting eryth8g a de lugging the frame, mounting the battery under the rear seat and using some old rear sets to set up further brackets.

then will strip it down and pull the engine apart whilst having it powder coated and paint done for chassis assembly and wait for the engine to go back in.

just ordering ceriani rear shocks, this is not easy anymore after brexit. I can’t seem to locate a supplier in the uk.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Bumper Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Bicycle Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle frame

Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Hood Bicycle tire

Watch Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Steering wheel

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts