Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. my IAM bike test today. Seems like ages since I started cos there was a winter in between and hard to find the time, but glad its all come together. Highly recommend it to anyone who wants to be safer on the road. Track training next for me :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Well Done Colin , :clap: :clap: :clap: . All those weekend moments was worth it and its a good thing for a discount in Insurance and Skills useful in everyday riding :bow:

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Well done there Colin, setting an example to us all.:bow:

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
I really would love to do it, but its having the time.

Was it a tough test?

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Nice one Colin.. :clap:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Well done Col:bow: I was looking into this the other day as my bike skills could really be doing with being brushed up:(

Al:D

·
Registered
513 Posts
Top stuff Colin Im celebrating too cop'd 3 points today in the post gutted the last three came off in April :(

Mark

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Go for it al u won't regret it and it hardly costs anything.
For me, it was more an increasing sense of my own mortality than wanting cheaper insurance but I think it makes 10 - 15% dif. As for the test, it's a 90 min ride on all kinds o roads and you are expected to show good forwArd planning, road positioning, safe overtakes etc whilst making good progress. I know from talking to ian about it in Scotland he also had to ride round some cones but that seems to be not the norm in my area at least. Slow riding is part of it but that can be demonstrated on the road so seems pointless riding round cones.
My observor also races and has a pass for hotrax track days and has kindly offered to give me some tips on the track next so looking fwd to that!

Cheers

col

1 - 12 of 12 Posts