Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Paul, I phoned KJM today regarding a service the service manager tells me he has a tnt in now because the owner suspects a blown head gasket.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's probably mine - the salesman I bought it from told me they would move it if the parts didn't arrive at On Yer Bike. The dealers say they cannot get parts while KJM say there's not a problem so the solution is to take it to KJM if you need warranty work doing then see what happens.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If youre still out there Paul any chance of a report on the new bike it seems to be getting good reviews and am seriously thinking of swapping in the new year.
cheers Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm still here. Haven't got it yet, I have a delivery date of 1.5 weeks time. Cannot wait as it looks like it will be brilliant! Soon as I get it I'll let you know what it's like :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't make it to the NEC Friday (got a last minute holiday deal) just got back from Tenerife. Have you got the Aprilia yet? Read "two" on the plane there was an article on Aprilia saying the company was floundering again due to scooter sales, I hope you haven't jumped frying pans………. if you know what I mean.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It arrived in the UK on Friday & I went to see it yesterday. Looks fantastic in red and the build quality appears first rate. I pick it up next weekend & already have it booked in for the first service to have the cans and remap done the next week. The riding position is very much like the TNT. I'll let you know what the first ride is like. :D

Also, dunno what TWO have been writing but MCN says Aprilia have just received a big cash injection and plan to bring out several new models ove the next couple of years.

Anyway, the biggest benefit for me is I have 2 dealers within a 10 mile radius. My nearest Benelli dealer was 75 miles away.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Paul, look forward to hearing your views on the new beast particularly as you have experienced "TNT". Really hope it knocks your socks off, you must be sleeping in your leathers waiting (I’m not suggesting you normally wear leather gimp masks for bed)…mmmmmmm……give us the low down ASAP.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked the bike up yesterday and I have to say I'm chuffed - it looks ace and the rear end is sooo sexy! It's bleeding brilliant although the engine is extremely tight and needs running in. The handling is really neutral and deceptive because you feel you aren't going fast until you look at the speedo and realise you're doing over a ton at 5500 rpm. The other wierd thing is the slipper clutch which lets you change down to whatever gear you like when going into a corner without it locking the back wheel up - clever! Brakes are as good or better than anything I've ever ridden and it comes with a replacement 15 tooth front sprocket for "racing use only". I'm having it put on with the first service which is due on thursday together with the new pipes and ECU remap. In short, it's early days but the Tuono is looking like it will be a belter. I'll keep you up to date as things loosen up. ciao bella!:rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
06 Tuono

Done 500 miles on the Tuono and things are going nicely - the engine spins up nicely for a twin but there's no step in power, just relentless thrust from 2000 rpm. Also, the clocks glow a nice red color at night and the trip computer is really easy to use with the clock always displayed whatever mode you're in.
Only one niggle - the horn switch is between the high beam and the indicators so when I go for either it normally results in me tooting somebody but I guess I'll get used to it.

The handling is brilliant, it really does handle like a superbike with flat bars which means you can flick it side to side without even thinking about it, apparently it's even better with the optional 180 section back tyre fitted.Brakes, now they've bedded in are really strong and will throw you over the bars if you let them.

In short I'm thrilled to bits with my new bike, the engine doesn't feel as ferocious as the TNT but it shouldn't let go either like my old one did and to be fair I haven't been past 5500 rpm yet. This is not to say the Tuono is slow, god no! - you wind open the throttle and everything in the mirrors just disappears. I can't wait until I can use all the revs.

I loved my Benelli to bits and would still have it now if it hadn't been such a miserable thing to own. It never worked from the first time I rode it but when it was going well it was fantastic. For all of you considering buying a Tuono, all I can say is if you like the TNT, you'll love the Tuono - it's the same type of hooligan experience but with quality and dealer backup thrown in. I love it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 06 Tuono

paul, glad you like it when the summer returns lets hook up can't say much more at present but will fill you in later .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts