Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nov Performance bikes has a shoot out at the Nurburgring between Moto Morini Veloce, TNT cafe racer and the BMWK1200R

1st was BMW
2nd was TNT
3rd was Moto Morini

Quotes from artical on the TNT

"It's ugly and stupid looking, but goes quite well"
"the bike has raised my opinion of Benelli from the gutter to average"

top speeds
BMW 152.3 mph
TNT 145.5 mph
Moto Morini 142 mph

Power and torque recorded
Benelli 106.4 bhp @ 9000rpm
71.8lb.ft @ 4700rpm
BMW 138.6 bhp @ 9900rpm
80.9lb.ft @ 8700rpm
Morini 121.3bhp @ 8300rpm
80.5lb.ft @ 7200rpm

Lap times
BMW 7:53.2s
TNT 7:58.5s
Morini 8:01s

·
Registered
137 Posts
PB Shoot Out

busaguy

The TNT probably thought the Tw*ts at PB were 'ugly and stupid looking' too!

Have never heard the 'TNT' described as ugly or stupid, in any other publication: Perhaps if there was a GSX-R sticker on the tank it would have
been better received?

As always, if it's Italian and doesn't have 'Ducati' on the tank it's in for a kicking....Or is simply misunderstood.

The K1200R IS ugly and stupid looking IMHO (so there!).

·
Registered
70 Posts
As i posted in another thread, the power output for the TNT PB tested seems lower than average for these bikes, and was one of the aspects of the bike they criticised. Perhaps Benelli need to take a leaf out of other manufacturers books and "specially" prepare press bikes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeap I would agree with your comments, in fact we went to a charity bike event in Kidderminster the weekend which had a short ride out and a small bike show for various classes, on the run I had more people round my cafe racer than any of the harleys and street fighters, and at the show got votes for "best of show" and it was just in the car park :clap:
I took part in the 2006 cannon ball bike run and there was a reporter from PB on a zz1400r, he fell off his bike and I didn,t so there :rolling:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Their comment makes me wonder if they are so tunnel visioned on things with turbos and super-chargers, that they've lost touch with the rest of the community. I've had my CR for 6 months now and it's on the road every day. I've been stopped by riders and had people hanging out of cars. In every case they have commented on how good it looks.

I've bought PB on occasion and if someone asked me for a news byte describing it I'd say it was for two wheeled petrol heads with Hyabusa fetishes. :beat:

·
903 Posts
In my opinion Performance Bike Magazine is poo anyway. All you ever see in the mag is them pulling wheelies or telling you how fast something goes, they don't publish MCN by any chance!!!

·
442 Posts
There's always 1 out of 100 that don't like the TNT.
and they had to give it to the 1 idiot from PB that did'nt like it, what a TWIT.
everybody who's seen my sport love's it.But there was 1 bloke that did not like it so he must be a relation to the PB twit man.
dosen't matter its different and that why i've got one and love it.I reckon it looks like a transformer and they should use it in the next movie if they make another.

·
Registered
137 Posts
PB Shoot Out

There's always 1 out of 100 that don't like the TNT.
and they had to give it to the 1 idiot from PB that did'nt like it, what a TWIT.
I reckon it looks like a transformer and they should use it in the next movie if they make another.
Madwog,
I love the movie idea and a catchy them tune (based on the old transformer toy ads).....'Transformers!!! Benellis in disguise...would be tops.

Just a thought: As Benelli is under now Chinese ownership the next movie is more likely to be called 'Smoking Benelli, crouching mechanic'.

S

·
463 Posts
One of the guys from PB (Gary Inman) has a TNT himself which he rode across the Sahara a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
73 Posts
mmmm

The power is just about rite for a standard tnt and the only reason the beemer got a better time was prob the power it has .....i still have not been overtook by a beemer so sod them:D :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts