Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all until Russ rebuilt my bike i was looking at either pc3 /tuneboy to cure the running faults yet when my bike was returned and after russ waved his wand at it it runs bloody lovely without the aid of the above and i am wondering if these are now a worth there money for what i now see as minimal gains i would be interested in all views ,Russ cured slow running on /off throttle response all power is now really nicely delivered the bikes a jewel to ride compared to how it was from the factory obviously i have not explored the top end yet due to it needing a running in bit again .i can now ride through town with ease no flat bits between 2-4000 rpm so the jerky bits virtually not there .

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Probably not needed ferret but some peeps have the money and like to tinker with their power

My mechanic told me the stock ecu will allow him to tune to a certain point

He says theres a flat spot in mine that he can only move around the rev range not get rid of.He has moved it from the top to the bottom end but i dont like it there as its giving a hesitaion at low steady revs but its so bloody fast at the top its amazing the difference So with a stock ecu you just have to get the best you can but a tuneboy will allow you to play more

Other things he mentioned are balancing the throttle bodies and setting the tps

Other guys have mentioned taking the slack out of the throttle cable helps and fitting race cans can help also

But it looks like Russ has worked his magic on yours and balanced it lovely. He may have moved the flat spot to the top end which gives a real crisp throttle response[like wahaaaaa hear we go hang on woosh:D ] but in mine there was a loss at 90ish with that[which was probably the best for my licence]

Have fun:D

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well at the mo i`m in running in again mod but up to the 5000 rpm i`m using its really clean and indicates 100 mph but you have the feeling that if i crack it open its gonna deliver with a bang cant wait .The improvement over stock is amazing and has now even though ive had a lot of issues i will keep this bike .

·
Registered
140 Posts
so what's the secret to smoothing out the slow running on/off response?

hi all until Russ rebuilt my bike i was looking at either pc3 /tuneboy to cure the running faults yet when my bike was returned and after russ waved his wand at it it runs bloody lovely without the aid of the above and i am wondering if these are now a worth there money for what i now see as minimal gains i would be interested in all views ,Russ cured slow running on /off throttle response all power is now really nicely delivered the bikes a jewel to ride compared to how it was from the factory obviously i have not explored the top end yet due to it needing a running in bit again .i can now ride through town with ease no flat bits between 2-4000 rpm so the jerky bits virtually not there .

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
please contact SIr Russ at motogb technical for the complete set up i am quite sure he will help you

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Probably not needed ferret but some peeps have the money and like to tinker with their power

My mechanic told me the stock ecu will allow him to tune to a certain point

He says theres a flat spot in mine that he can only move around the rev range not get rid of.He has moved it from the top to the bottom end but i dont like it there as its giving a hesitaion at low steady revs but its so bloody fast at the top its amazing the difference So with a stock ecu you just have to get the best you can but a tuneboy will allow you to play more

Other things he mentioned are balancing the throttle bodies and setting the tps

Other guys have mentioned taking the slack out of the throttle cable helps and fitting race cans can help also

But it looks like Russ has worked his magic on yours and balanced it lovely. He may have moved the flat spot to the top end which gives a real crisp throttle response[like wahaaaaa hear we go hang on woosh:D ] but in mine there was a loss at 90ish with that[which was probably the best for my licence]

Have fun:D

I suppose like mine under 3000 revs, it's a bitch.
I put it down to these bikes being ****'d:rolling: for the track and not real road conditions.
Just thrash it really.:clap:

Klinker:D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Tuneboy is a great bit of kit, there are plenty of previous map threads on the forum.
I thought mine was pretty good generally, then I put the latest map 6034 on the ecu to match the Genuine sport can, as I had seen how well Fredzedexs nelli started compared to mine. It was so much better, and I have since made some other mods, fan cut in out temp, tickover, warm up etc and its well sorted, not cheap to buy, but fun if you like fiddling, phaw phwar,
Steve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts