Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How many of you out there have got a PCIII on there TNT'S.and were have you fixed them to the bike.
Has it done any difference to the performance of the bike.
thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got one on mine, really improved the power delivery. The bike is fitted with a MIVV exhaust and DNA filter and remapping with the PC gave a 7bhp power increase and a 5lbs/ft torque increase. Also a welcome side effect was that it lost that exhaust "smell" that some TNTs suffer from.

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Huggy.but exhaust smell? what type of smell is it,i don't think i've got that.were did you place the PCIII on you TNT,insight or out of sight.

madwog
(17,800)

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
MW........ my pcIII is sitting ontop of the battery with a cable tidy holding it down, (fitted to the bike 2 years ago).

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks vtxbrit. thats good to know it fits under the seat.i don't think i want it hanging on the out side attached to the frame.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mines under the seat along with an alarm, i can do a photo of the install if you want. The smell was caused by the mixture being a mile out at some points of the rev range.

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that would be good huggy if you could post a photo of it for me
thanks.
G'day terrytriple why is tuneboy or tuneEdit what can it do more than the PCIII.so theres no little box to put anywere you say what is tere with the tuneboy then.
thanks.

·
5,934 Posts
.. why is tuneboy or tuneEdit what can it do more than the PCIII.so theres no little box to put anywere you say what is tere with the tuneboy then..
Hey Steve, Tuneboy / tuneEdit runs on your laptop & allows you to modify the map in the ECU directly. The PC3 changes the ECU outputs, so it's once removed from where the real decisions are made.
I think busaguy used it on his TNT (now sold) to very good effect. The thread is here somewhere.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeap, set the CR up great with tuneboy. no need for expensive dyno's you can log real time and adjust the map for "real" riding conditions, you can also raise or lower the rev limit, set the CO2, set the throttle position sensor, set when the fans come on and set when the airbox and exhaust flaps open / close. Also have access to both maps both ing and fuelling. soon to be added is the diagnostics and auto A/F correction.

Just plug in your laptop, make your adjustments, upload and disconnect, no other kit added to the bike, Tune boy allows changes to ALL map segments where as I belive PCIII does not

Bike, can and tuneboy kit now all sold and running in the GSXR1000

·
Registered
70 Posts
Heres the pic of the install the PC is the box on the right alarms on the left, the cover still fits on ok, with just a small notch cut to allow the cables out.

·
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the photo huggy.but i've read here that the tuneboy you don't need the box.it's just all cables.anyhow havent made up my mind if i'll go ahead with it or not.i want to put my bike on a dyno first and then we will see if i need it or not.

thanks madwog.

(17,900)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just to clarify a little more..

With TuneBoy/TuneEdit there are no wires left permanently connected on the bike.

You just hook up the cable and your laptop when you want to make changes, then remove it when your done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts