Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
could anyone help me out in finding a pillion hand rail or sports luggage rack for tnt cafe racer???
i have found 2 thread positions on each side of the muffler so something must fit?
The GF is giving me a lot grief over it.:mad:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
HID won't go on the back of my Nelli either - Shame!
Personally, I would remove the GF from the back and do something about that unused portion on the edge of the back tyre!

Not particularly helpfully
Pike

·
Registered
59 Posts
simple solutions, borrow a buddies jap sport bike, take GF for ride on it. GF will never complain about the nelli again.

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
That picture was taken the day he got the bike ,[dunlop 208rr and nice and shiny] so im sure the chicken strip is less now:D

Ive looked over the internet for lagguge racks for the tnt but as yet found nothing. the trek has semi flexible baggage racks from benelli but they fit to a mounting point that is different on the TnT

Givi do a universal rack mount which probably could be adapted to fit

I use soft luggage and made a copper piping support for the luggage. im on version 3 now but its getting modded again

The tre-k has a hand rail which basically looks like they take off the rear lights fit the rail then fit the lights to the rail. So maybe you could find a second hand tre-k rail and find how its fitted

·
Registered
332 Posts
ventura luggage/grabrail for a TNT

Hi

See http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4565

I got a Ventura system adapted to fit my Tre-K. The rear subframe is the same as a TNT, except it has an extra bit bolted on to the end. You've got the 2 rear footpeg hanger holes to use, plus there are 2 more threaded blind holes inside the rear subframe close to the rear light (these are what the TNT factory luggage uses).

All I did was take the Ventura rails for a 98-03 RSV and get a mate to cut a lug off and weld it back somewhere slightly different. For a TNT you may need to shorten them too. Ventura is a great system, and can take 1 or 2 bags, or just a grabrail. They don't list one for a TNT or Tre-K because they don't think they'd sell enough. Or if you just want a grabrail, see a mate with some steel tubing and a welder, and buy him a beer.

All that said, a TNT isn't meant for passengers...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone

Hi,
Thank you to everyone for your replies. Robin, I will try your idea out it seems straight forward and I’ve used Ventura racks before on some other bikes, thanks again.
The GF finds the TNT comfortable, considering I owned a Ducati 749 before and she thought that was alright.
Also the photo I took of my bike it was only 20kms old. It had to go back to the shop before I could ride it again, but that’s another story.
Regards Shane
:D

·
349 Posts
I had my passenger grab handle made up for my TNT.See my photos in my gallery.A local engineer did it for me as a 1 off.:) Zebo

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Thats a good idea Zebo

heres a pic

and thats an interesting alBUM:D

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
look at this guys

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikesforsale/searchresults/detail/?R=NXGN-1883288&mfy=

its got the tre-k luggage fitted which must have been adapted as it uses mounts Tnt's dont have

Over £500 pounds though for rack and semi flexible luggage

Its also got some kind of Benelli bra on the tank

If your here window shopping thats a cracking price for an 800 mile bike with £600 extra's, and unless your NEELY the 899 is plenty fast

·
Registered
444 Posts
Dynamo, have to disappoint you

look at this guys

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bi...N-1883288&mfy=

its got the tre-k luggage fitted which must have been adapted as it uses mounts Tnt's dont have
check page 64 of the Benelli Officine Catalogue download http://www.benelli.com/eng/download.asp, includes the 899 as compatible for Benelli OfficineSemiflexible side panniers kit, page 59 has the Benelli Officine”TnT protective tank cover. Tre-K top box page 63, 'Central Suitcase Benelli Officine', Attach rigid bags kit (GIVI) page 65, Benelli Officine Pair of side panniers page #66 or Pair of side panniers (GIVI)page 67.

Regards

Tuono

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Yep thanks for pointing that out:confused:

I almost bought the semi flexible but was told it did not fit the tnt

The rack I also saw on a trek must have been the givi one with different mountings

so anyway the answer to the guys question above is buy the semi-flexible kit

and for a handle get one made or adapt a tre-k one

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
the soft luggage fits both tre k and tnt and cafe racer mounting kit is same through out range . as i fitted it to both . only problem expensive set up drom benelli. what a suprise

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi

See http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4565

I got a Ventura system adapted to fit my Tre-K. The rear subframe is the same as a TNT, except it has an extra bit bolted on to the end. You've got the 2 rear footpeg hanger holes to use, plus there are 2 more threaded blind holes inside the rear subframe close to the rear light (these are what the TNT factory luggage uses).

All I did was take the Ventura rails for a 98-03 RSV and get a mate to cut a lug off and weld it back somewhere slightly different. For a TNT you may need to shorten them too. Ventura is a great system, and can take 1 or 2 bags, or just a grabrail. They don't list one for a TNT or Tre-K because they don't think they'd sell enough. Or if you just want a grabrail, see a mate with some steel tubing and a welder, and buy him a beer.

All that said, a TNT isn't meant for passengers...
Robin, Been looking for a Ventura rack for my Tre-K. This looks great. Can you advise as to what work was done to make it fit? Which lugs were cut off and what welding was done? - Thanks, Looks great.

·
2004 TNT Owner
1,670 Posts

·
2004 TNT Owner
1,670 Posts
the soft luggage fits both tre k and tnt and cafe racer mounting kit is same through out range . as i fitted it to both . only problem expensive set up drom benelli. what a suprise
And it's too small to fit a sleeping bag into!:mad:
Had to make up a pair of more durable raincovers, but with the Saddlemen's TS3200 Tailbag, the TNT is now a serviceable tourer!:bow:
Seriously!:rolling:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts