Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pimp my ride. At last...fitted some red door handle LED's tonight inside the rear fan housing. Looks the dogs bllx!:D

Just what I need to attract the bloody attention of sleepy drivers this winter.:rolleyes:

View attachment 2044

View attachment 2045

Pictures are a bit crap, but you get an idea?

Klinker:clap:

·
Registered
444 Posts
cool

:bow:
nicely blinged up. was thinking of the same myself. Would it have to be red? (thinking of the law)

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh. Red is legal. ;)
They are on ebay for £12. Door handle types are best. Stick on, slim, and fit throught the mesh holes. They come with four, just in case you snap one.
Peice of piddle to fit. No drilling or wire cutting either. Just take the wires off the rear light connectors and stuff them in! Low volt draw, so wont harm anything.:clap:

My 15 year old son was very pleased with the results too!:rolleyes:

I even fitted a bright red LED stop and tail bulb too. Well bright.:p

Go for it!;)

Klinker:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
SMD strip lights

Nicely done!

But if you want to take it a step further... I used something called "smd" strip lighting. They are a newer version of leds, comes in many colours is completely water proof and virtually invisible when switched off. They come with 3M adhesive backing so the install is childs play, the best part is it's cheaper than leds (about $7.50aud for 15cm strip) I used them to light up the radiator fans in red and various air intake vents in white.

I have just posted pics on "Tre's album" found in the newest members album section.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I had the LED or SMD Idea too, but in green style :) . I would like to mount them behind the vents so that you can´t see the LED lightpoints directly after your pics I know how it looks the other way thx for this moreover you gave me the idea to connect the LED´s or SMD´s to the brakelight :D

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pimp

Come on fella's PIMP YOUR RIDE :clap:

I like that ALOT!
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Klinker:ele:

·
Registered
642 Posts
tre those kick a** love the intake vents

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah stingerwolf, I tried it with the light hidden as well and also connected it to the brake light so they come on together, but hidden behind the fans was not producing enough light in the end it looked so damn good once installed I decided to keep them on as running lights instead of a second brake light (but there is an on/ off switch). In case your wondering the lights are not so bright as too negate the stock brake light.
Pimping a bike like the benelli is always tough as you dont want to over do it and cheapen the bikes looks.

Next step for me is to get a black tinted screen and tint the headlight cover to give it a sleeker more agressive look. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I do like the effect from the lights in the air intakes at the front.. bit like the Audi lights! Would love to see what it looks like in the dark with the lights on as well!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
that the leds aren´t bright enough was my thought too but I want to give super mega Sunlight hyperdyper LED´s a try :rolling: problem will be the heat in this area, because this superbright leds have a big heat emission and in correspondence with heat from the cooler I don´t know if they work a long time.

Do you have pics from your "first version"?

PS: after the LED upgrade I have another optical highlight in mind :eek:

What do you think about my mesh replacement idea

or

or a style like from here

from here http://www.aquatuning.de/index.php/cat/c514

problem is, I need someone who can handle a program like autocad or something like this to make a lasercut for perfect fitting :( so if there is anybody with such skills and time out there feel free to help me :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah stingerwolf, I tried it with the light hidden as well and also connected it to the brake light so they come on together, but hidden behind the fans was not producing enough light in the end it looked so damn good once installed I decided to keep them on as running lights instead of a second brake light (but there is an on/ off switch). In case your wondering the lights are not so bright as too negate the stock brake light.
Pimping a bike like the benelli is always tough as you dont want to over do it and cheapen the bikes looks.

Next step for me is to get a black tinted screen and tint the headlight cover to give it a sleeker more agressive look. What do you guys think?

That's great stuff there. I didn't want to go too far chaps, as I didn't want to be mistaken for a UFO.;)
I can just take mine off anytime without removing the rear tail section as I'm worried about snapping stuff off, or breaking palstics!;)

Klinker:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will post night time shots for you borat with and without the H.I.D. lights on, I was trying to get it to look a bit like the audi running lights so I'm glad you recognized that. I agree with klinker, it's going a bit far changing the mesh as that takes away from the factory oem look that we all love. The trick is trying to enhance the original look rather than change it too much (well, that's what I think anyway).
Would be interesting to see what you come up with stinger :)

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Police??

Enhance and enjoy Tre, I love what you've done chap!:bow:
Got to be a great cheap way to brighten up these shite evenings with bad Telly.:)

I'm going to look into the front section to see what I can do with these baby's
I've got coming in from Hong Kong...Check out this guy's advert on Youtube/fleabay! ;)

Klinker:eek:

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
tre that looks brilliant :clap: :clap: i just want to know how do you get them in?? cos i'm about as mechanically minded as a dead cat & i'd break something trying to do it :bawl: :bawl: is it an easy job??

cheers ade

·
Registered
71 Posts
:doh: Sorry people but personally think this looks completely naff and cheap, way to cheapen a class bike!. I suppose it would go with purple anodised bar ends, screen trim and white tyre lettering though :rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
:doh: Sorry people but personally think this looks completely naff and cheap, way to cheapen a class bike!. I suppose it would go with purple anodised bar ends, screen trim and white tyre lettering though :rolling:
Glad someone else thinks the same; dead chavvy if you ask me!:rolling:

Cheers:D
Ian

1 - 20 of 27 Posts