Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been for ride to day on the bike and parked up in town, came back about an hour later and the poor girl would not start,

i have had batt flashing in the display for some time but unsure what this ment and the clocks some times reset them selfs when starting the bike,

i now now that this is the battery as the nice aa man told me this when he came to start me, he said that my battery was bug---d and that i would need a new one asap, so he took me to my nearest bike shop (as i only have local recovery) and i had to spend some of my hard ernd money.

hay presto no message and bike starts

are these or should this be under warranty as bike is 15 month old

mat

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Luby. I would check out the white multi connector under your seat in the black box. Make sure that the Battery is being charged when the bike is running. My guess if it isn't is that the multi connector block is corroded. See my last thread P****d Off. I had the same prob last week

·
Registered
290 Posts
You lucky man I've been told that the alternator is not charging properly and that the TRU is out of sync! what ever that means:doh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Battery

Mat, I managed to get half cost of a new Yuasa battery from the importer. Battery was 6 months old and 3500kms, charging system good.
You might get something from your dealer if you convince him you didn't leave the bike unstarted for more than two weeks. No batteries like that but the Chinese/Benelli ones are worse. David

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hi.. I managed to get mine changed under warranty by Russ at Bennetts on my old Tre just under 2 years old, but he did me a favour as technically its not covered. My LE had a new battery on it when I got it and it still flashes Bat at me if I have the lights or indicators on when I turn on the ignition, even though its on a trickle charger so is always fully charged at this point. I have got into the habit of turning everything off before I start the bike as it helps avoid the clock resets. I am going to put an uprated battery on when this one gives up the ghost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts