Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Saw this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BENELLI-TORNA...ryZ25623QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also selling carbon chainguard for the Tornado. I emailed him and asked if he would be interested in doing a group buy price and he said he can supply various benelli carbon bits and will give us a price if we let him know what we are after.

First question is does anyone know if this grade of carbon fibre is decent or not? The weight means nothing to me. Anyone know the price of the Benelli carbon hugger for comparison?

Second question is what would ppl be after if its worth going for? You can see the ballpark prices from whats on there. I can enquire about other bikes if there are non tornado owners interested.

Cheers

Col

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I bought a carbon hugger and front mudguard off ebay from a company in ........? (cant remember - it was somewhere in europe - possbily This same company - it looks like the same item :doh: )

Cost was about £100 for each item + P+P - So £55-75 is a bargain in my book - pity I have them already :(

If he was making all other bits, I would really like all the plastic pieces that fit around the clocks in carbon (or everything you see in the 'cockpit' and the centre section between the 2 lower fairings I think would also look well trick in CF

Thats my pennies worth anyway :p

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
225g is a pretty good weight for a carbon part Borat. If you can get the front mud guard for under £100 delivered you'll be doing really well. :clap:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Well Mr White - the BUY IT NOW price is only £75 and P+P is £5

So Mr Borat is gonna get a great bargain :bow:

We all thought that you were the king of the group buy Laurence :doh:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have emailed the guy to give me a list of all the bits he can get for the Tornado, TreK and TNT so I can try and drum up some interest. From the sounds of things tho even if I cant get enough people to go in for a discount its still a good buy so I am already warming up the credit card :rolling:

Come on people surely not everyones bike is already dripping with Carbon like Kurts??

Cheers

Col

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
the BUY IT NOW price is only £75 and P+P is £5
Aye, that's the price for the REAR one right enough but I'm talking about the front Mud guard.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
I already have the Benelli front and rear mudguards, chain guard, and rear brake line guard. Oh, and the Laurence White tank protector :bow: If they have any other bits available I might be interested.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah I'd be up for some carbon parts at the right money, let us know whats available / prices and we'll see what damage the piggy bank will take, cheers Borat ! :clap:

·
5,928 Posts
Anyone seen carbon panels for the Tornado?
I hit a roo the other night, and there's not much remaining of the left upper panel. The thought has occurred, that a carbon panel might not be much difference in price to the original plastic one.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think I have an upper left plastic panel in red at my hanger. I'll take a look Monday to make sure it's the left side. I already have all spare bodywork for my bike and don't need it. I bought it thinking I was getting an 1130 tornado and wanted spares for it. Think I only paid like $75 for it. If it's the proper one, your more than welcome to have it for what I paid. I know it's red, but paint should be easy. I ordered my tank protector from AU and had it in my hands 3 day's later!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Great price there Stephen.

Will look forward to you receiving it and letting us all know about the quality but I'm pretty sure you will be delighted (especially at that price) :clap:
Carbon Hugger turned up today, so good delivery time. First impression is good, seems a nice bit of carbon. :)

I'll try to find time to fit tomorrow and will report me findings. ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Engenia, I have the upper left in red. Almost looks as if it's never been mouinted. Slight scratch(will most likely come out with just wax) under the curve near where the bars would be.

·
5,928 Posts
Hi Engenia, I have the upper left in red. Almost looks as if it's never been mouinted. Slight scratch(will most likely come out with just wax) under the curve near where the bars would be.
Excellent. Could you find out how much to post to Canberra, Australia?
I'll PM you with my email address

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Had a good look at the Carbon Hugger and here are a few pics.

First a top shot of both the carbon and original plastic huggers.

Next the undersides.

As you can see the original plastic hugger has a 'lip' that is missing from the carbon version (close up of 'lip' below).

The only other difference I can see is the front fixing point hole which is elongated in the carbon version.

Here is a closer pic of the carbon hugger and a close-up of the carbon pattern.

It also has a crapy QC sticker on the underside which reminds me of cheap rubish from the far east. Other than that I'm very pleased with it. Will update when I finished fitting it.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Thanks for the pics Stephen and what a result for £55 :clap: :clap: :clap:
You done well there mate!!!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks nice. Let me know how it fits. Not much interest in a group buy so I might just see if I can do a deal with him for a set of carbon bits and set up a good price for other members. He never came back to me with a list of what he can get though so still not sure what he has.

Cheers

Col

1 - 20 of 25 Posts