Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just to let all know who attended last weekend that i had positive feedback from Silverstone Circuit Limited and it seems that another is on the cards next year for MotoGP but i too was looking at the date clash and thought that we would lose some valuable members that quite rightly so attend the TT and work as an important part of its marshalling not forgetting those that go for the 'crack' :) .

If the dates stay as proposed plan is to see if we can have our fantastic brand displayed at another venue if MotoGP clashes say the World Superbikes as this would give us an excellent racing schedule plus as an added bonus if ' words in ears ' were spoken we should be able to get Peter Goddard(currently with Stiggy Honda) come over by our invitation and see some of his former employers machinery namely our Nelli's . If this was to happen we would still get to see top names in racing (Haga, Biaggi, Corder,Xaus ,etc). (of course Donington is down to do WSBK), i also feel a parade lap would be more likely be included in the schedule due to past history of Benelli with WSBK.

This is obviously needs to be discussed between ourselves and i will be speaking to the Importer again to present this opportunity for there benefit next week :clap: .

Let me know what you guys think and this time i will have more chance to work up to things ie BBQ (yes i'll bring it:rolleyes: ), Cool Wall Finishing and this time give someone a new Large Gazebo and say " please get it up " ( i wanted to say this to our model firetrap girlies !!) :D .

Any Feedback would be great and if you want me to do the next one for 2010 i'm happy to oblige but if others want a go i dont mind letting others speak to importers/circuits/etc .

What do you guys think ?.

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
WSB would be a more interesting bet for me!
Dave

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Goose I am up for whatever opportunities are there, whether that be WSB or MotoGP or both. I am unlikely to be at the TT personally so even if we do both and have a reduced number at the Motogp probably still get a reasonable turnout.
In terms of organisation I would be more than happy to get involved and take some of the weight off your shoulders... when we know what the plan is just let me know what help you need. Obviously if its Silverstone I am fairly close by so I can get a lot more involved in that one.

Col

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Col , i had limited time from being handed it at Silverstone so should be able to be better but would gladly take assistance - i'll flip the burgers if you do the ketchup :D - seriously yeah as the proposal is presented then i'll look for help :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hey Goose
I would be deffo for MotoGP :ele: :ele: :ele: (@Silverstone) and WSB :ele: :ele: (@Donny) - either or both.
You did a great job of sorting out Silverstone - I would be scared of 'stuffing' it up - plus I wouldnt know where to start with it all. :eek:

However I would like to offer my help with anything that you can think I may be of use for (cue the replies of 'nothing') :rolling: .

I personally wouldnt be worried bout our own BBQ - at the end of the day, we are there showing off our bikes and watchin the racing - I dont expect any other than being ripped off buying £4-£5 cheeseburgers - anyone who goes to BSB/WSB/MotoGP knows to expect this anyway

Well - heres to one successful Benelli gathering :clap: - lets hope there are many more to come :lager:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Kurt Cheers , going into it blind didnt help and the goalposts were changed when i thought everything was ready to be set up but next time lessons learnt will be to our advantage :D .

Might have another project ongoing that could be launched at one of these and would be a publicity puller . Heres looking forward to 2010 (Scottish trip , parties, race events , publicity opportunity ) yeah bring it on .:clap:

·
Registered
59 Posts
count me in

Goose
I will be at both anyway so it makes no odds to me which is chosen.
I am sure that what ever is arranged it will be fantastic for us and the profile of Benelli in general.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Me too Angus, Alan's got the bike racing bug now so we may take his caravan down on the friday of whichever event it ends up as, so hopefully we'll be on hand to give you some help.

Again, I would prefer the MotoGP but would be happy with WSB which to me is the next progression to BSB. If the MotoGP coincides with the TT then that's just down right Stupid on the organisers part ! :doh:

2010 here we come ! ;)

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Donington sounds like a better option to me Angus, Silverstone was great but we all know that it is not really a Motorcycle circuit & its flat profile & large run offs makes it more suitable for that so called motorsport....F1.
We have a long time to plan this event & we can really go for it next time. I think that in these days of TV coverage & schedules the chances of a parade lap at any venue is highly doubtful, they only want big names to parade. If we do this at Donington it would be good if they could reward yours & our efforts by siting us in a more prominent place within the circuit. Anyway whatever happens i am sure we will all have a good time again :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
401 Posts
moto gp is surely the event to try and get in on but i would go to any meet up that was organised fingers crossed if all goes well could be on a benelli this time to (keep you posted)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Goose, I would be in favour of whichever event could be laid on. Date clash apart, the attraction of MotoGP is obvious, but WSB would be every bit as big and I like your thinking with the Goddard idea.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going to try and use the power of the importer to try and secure a better deal for us and the Goddard thing would be the icing on the cake for us lot if WSB , the Motogp thing is still on i think i'm just thinking as other said do both but i like having a full compliment of everyone ,

think this is worthy of a discussion at a pub one night :D or even better Colin's Xmas Bash :clap:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Let's be honest, guys, if Silverstone OFFERED us a display at the Motogp, are we really going say 'thanks, but no thanks, we want WSB'? I doubt that the choice will be ours, more a case of taking what we are given, I suspect.
The timing of Motogp is pants, it's true, clashing with the TT - how dumb is that?:confused: But I guess we would take it if it's offered, - wouldn't we?;)

Cheers:)
Ian

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I agree Ian.. there are enough people who would not be at the TT to make the MotoGP worthwhile. Its true May will be a busy month, but no such thing as too much fun :D

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,415 Posts
As for venues i'd go with Silverstone every time,i think Donnington is a shithole.However i'd sooner watch WSB races,you cant please all the people all the time:rolleyes:

It would be pretty cool to get Goddard over to our stand tho:D

I'm with the majority,In fact why dont we do both!!!!!:clap: :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Me to - and I am back

I am up for either and any of the parties.

This year I missed all the fun except the Ace Cafe, because of work and Holidays (part of which was riding around the alps for 2 weeks - tough or what !!!)

Assuming I get round to fixing the Nelli, broken Rad, I have had the new one here for nearly 3 months, but haven't been here to fix it. :doh:

Oh well something to do later this week I guess !

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Another thought - when I went to Donington earlier this year, for the Norton Owners Club 50th Anniversary bash, the bike display was on a hard standing area behind the grandstand - a car park, in other words. No views of the track whatsoever. I've only been there once, but others who know it better may have a think as to where we might be put with good viewing; but I can't think of anywhere.
Just a thought.....;)

Cheers:)
Ian

1 - 20 of 31 Posts