Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the manual clearly states that max power is with the button out but in my experiance the engine revs easier and ' drives on' better with the button in ( and light out). Wonder if the mapping engineer or manual writer got mixed up?

Any views?

I am convinced that there is better response with button depressed( ie in )

K 333 TRE

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
power button

the power button on my trek is not working at the moment, I have it booked in for it's 1st service on saturday and Russ will put the map for the button in then. But my understanding is that with the light on, button out, you should be in full power mode so you could have got the mapping mixed up. I'll let you know next week once the service is done if there is a noticable difference.

Pops

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power Button

I understand some dealers are questioning the importers about the power button as a number of riders experiance a freer reving and better response with the button depressed.

My bike is being remapped monday 23.07 so I will report back

arrdvark

·
Registered
213 Posts
The button can be set either way, from the factory the base maps are very similar in some cases the same, we are advised from the factory not to alter the maps until the first service. At this point the 2 variants of map can be programed the general setting is to put the performance map into the system with the button out and the economy map with button in.;) ;)

Rusty..

·
Registered
5 Posts
power button

hj there i have dyno,d a few bikes with power buttons with the button in about three horse less its a smoother less agressive map , comes in handy especially in the rain

·
keeft
70 Posts
Map changes at first service

Randy,

You said the factory states dont mess with the maps until the first service. Does the customer still have to ask for the latest maps at the first service?, and a low/smooth power map for the button-in scenario? Or is this something the dealer should do automatically?

Thxs :D

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Randy,
....Ooops, I mean't Rusty..........what a twat :doh: :doh: :doh:
Nah, I think you were right the first time Keith.:rolling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts