Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bugger it, I'll probably go this was then, anyone know what A?F ratio the benelli make most power at?

see below for PC5 info, currently only for new 09 models ,but hopefully a sagem and walbro compatible unit is gonna come out

New Power Commander to be Released

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEADS UP! Dynojet is releasing a new Power Commander that's smaller, more powerful, and modular like the Bazzaz. Here are the details;

Features;

* Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
* USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
* 2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
* Gear/Speed input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
* Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
* With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
* Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
* 10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
* Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)

Auto Tune for PCV (all models);

* “Auto Tune” kit will be available that includes Wide Band O2 sensor(s) and control box(es). It will plug directly into the PCV and allow automatic fuel adjustments.
* It can make a map for each gear and on a Harley Davidson models it can map each cylinder separately for each gear if needed. (basic settings would make one map for all gears)
* Each map cell is individually adjustable so you can specify an exact AFR value for each area if needed.

G

·
I understand most of that now matey.. every days a school day
Wot kind of money are you talking about spending on the power commander kit and will you need loads of dyno time

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well

with the wide band controller it will work like errols motty, you pick the a/f number and the bike is constantly retuning itself to meet that target, although base runs would be a good idea to see what the bike currently runs at. and you would have to weld a bung to mount the lamda probe etc

·
1,841 Posts
Pony you wont need any time! if you let Nathan do it first.!(and he lets you know results)
The only bit that worrys me (ok I am a pessimist)(spelling questionable) is the sensor remaining in calibration ?
If it can be logged then loaded direct I would feel safer ??
My experiance of an 02 sensor shows it can go off calibration easily.
Colin..

·
5,934 Posts
If it can be logged then loaded direct I would feel safer ??
That certainly corrects the map for the current conditions, but as altitude changes, or the air filter flow reduces, or any other things change, that the ECU doesn't measure, then that map will be slightly off.
The O2 sensor must remain in calibration though, for this to work properly.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I e-mailed a UK distributor of Power Commanders, asking if a 'V' would become available for the Tornado, as there was an interest in them, but the reply has just come back - 'It will not, we're afraid'. :doh: .

That's that, then.

Cheers
Ian

·
1,841 Posts
I have a innovate wideband controller/gauge,the o2 sensor is calibrated by the controller with the sensor in free air.( ie you press a button and watch a led flash until calibration is complete.) I would guess the Motty has a similar calibration facility on board.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
e o2 sensor is calibrated by the controller with the sensor in free air.( ie you press a button and watch a led flash until calibration is complete.) I would
This is what Colin means.
You have to take the sensor out of the exhaust pipe and hold in fresh air. The air in the exhaust is dirty. (small amounts of hydrocarbons.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts