Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had a power commander fitted to there tornado yet. I've been told it makes the bike better on performance and fuel consumption. Well worth the investment.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Power commander is a waste of time on all Benelli's in my opinion, they can have enough electrical issue's without adding another into the mix:doh: :doh:

Tuneboy is good but you really need to know what your doing if you want to start playing about with map's, ignition timing, air/fuel mixtures or it could be disaster:doh:

The guys down under in Aus land seam to be the boys in the know with the Tuneboy system.

·
349 Posts
Power Commander

Rusty,
I am amazed at all these comments on Power Commanders etc.All i want is for my beloved Benellis to be reliable and trustworthy!.I can easily live with all of their quirkes as long as they keep running(and dont rattle as much as my Tornado does).:rolleyes:
Zebo

·
Registered
213 Posts
Best way to stop your bike rattling is to keep it turned off:D they all sound like a can of marbles, that's Italian for standard:D :D

I do think that reliability is getting better and the jury's out on the Power Commander job, it's just a case of getting a set up that works well on your bike as each bike is different this is proving to be VERY difficult:doh:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anybody had a power commander fitted to there tornado yet. I've been told it makes the bike better on performance and fuel consumption. Well worth the investment.
:doh:

Right then i won't be spending £350.00 on that Cheers lads.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Afternoon Tonydoc

I'm with Russ on the Power Commander issue. When I first bought mine (a year ago) it ran as rich and sooty as an Asian taxi, had so little power it felt completely overgeared on standard sprockets, and the fuel consumption was second only to a V12 Jaguar, that'll be 22mpg then.....
After having a a holiday at Bennetts' and having it's ECU sorted by Russ it runs well enough not to need to comment on. ie. it's right ( most of the time),
the gearing made sense, and the mpg went up to 37 mpg.
In conclusion, I would advise you to spend the Power Commander cash on a visit to Russ and let him set up your existing ECU.

Julian
Bike 346
9541 miles (535 last week)
Was the challenge first up to 15 or 20 thousand??

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
high millage club jpw 346

First one to 25,000 miles not kilometers .Were dealing in real money.:rolling:

·
Registered
28 Posts
25000 miles...............you've got me worried now.
Can't we just go up in 5000 mile lumps? You're too keen, or rich....

Julian

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Should have it done before first M,O,T. did 22,500 Miles on a Daytona 600 injust over two years the only reason i haven't done more is because i bought a car last November to save the bike from the salt they put down.:bawl:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Tony

Have you had anything done so far, apart from servicing?
I'm going to concede defeat now mate, your far too keen!

Julian

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Tony

Have you had anything done so far, apart from servicing?
I'm going to concede defeat now mate, your far too keen!

Julian
All i've done to the bike is Sbk screen sat nav and put ultraseal in the tyres. Thats a point whats the millage you are gettig from your tyres.From the original 207's i got 5000 miles . I'am on Dunlop 208RR'S pushing 10,000 and there's still a good bit of meat on them. Should last to next service which is anytime now then i've got a trip planned to Gibralter in May. Which from my house does'nt give you much change out of 4,000 miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts