Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see in previous threads that the power button can only be changed when the engine is stopped.

Can you change power mode on the move by using the kill switch , changing the mode and restart by flipping the kill back to on again.:rolleyes:

·
5,934 Posts
Don't see why that wouldn't work. It's just electrics, When you turn them off, they don't know if you're moving.
I change maps while moving on my Tornado (AFR Tuner !). Map '0' is for economy on the boring bits, map '1' is the go faster map which produces max power, but uses more fuel :D. mpg drops from around 45 to under 40.
I assume the TreK power mode button alters the maps similarly.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Why is the power button such a mystery on the Benelli? No body knows if it really does anything? Has anybody done a dyno run with it off and on to see if it is 87kw compared to 72kw? Some people say it can only be activated with the motor off, but the manual dosent state that. It just says dont do it while riding. I have also read that its not activated until the first service?
Also has anyone done a full tank in both modes to compare MPG?

It should be called the mystery button:rolling:

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Run Badly Button

It says in the 'manual ' (or at least the one I got on a CD with the TREK) that it's to soften the power delivery (I guess for in the rain?). All it seems to do is make it generally run worse, tickover inconsistently and start badly! Button out, light on, all fine. You can change it on the go though. It's just the manual that says dont.
Ash

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
I had mine programmed with Russ at 1st service and changing it on the fly restricts the top end power and gives you better MPG (only use the button when the last bar has gone and trying to find a fuel station)

Chased a mate of mine who was on a MV during the summer (does anyone remember that) finding that he was pulling away too easily, after a while noticed button was pressed in, released the button and released the beast and it was game on

Steve

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
SIR RUSS did mine as well the difference between the 2 modes is very noticeable button in and its really smooth with a top end kick and more mpg .Button out and she takes off like a thing possessed reminding me of a two stroke power band (the mrs hatted this mode said she felt like she would be fliped off the back ) but she is really thirsty in this mode .Mixed riding and modes gave me max 182 per tank =21.9 litres worst 137 per tank .

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
My new car has a power button which can be changed anytime

It adds turbo boost and tightens the steering

But in sport mode it returns 11mpg at full tilt

beat that :doh:

·
Registered
248 Posts
My new car has a power button which can be changed anytime

It adds turbo boost and tightens the steering

But in sport mode it returns 11mpg at full tilt

beat that :doh:
Fuel isnt cheap in the UK either. What sort of car is it? Full tilt is where the fun is. I've got a V8 that loves the juice when you give it the berries too. Never mind.

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Its just a 1.4 but with 150bhp in a fiat barvo sport

Its hard not to welly it but the 35mph in a 60 punters keep me honest and frustrated

Now I know why I have a bike :ele:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Its just a 1.4 but with 150bhp in a fiat barvo sport

Its hard not to welly it but the 35mph in a 60 punters keep me honest and frustrated

Now I know why I have a bike :ele:

Cool, looks like it would be a blast on the tight windy stuff.

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
SIR RUSS did mine as well the difference between the 2 modes is very noticeable button in and its really smooth with a top end kick and more mpg .Button out and she takes off like a thing possessed reminding me of a two stroke power band (the mrs hatted this mode said she felt like she would be fliped off the back ) but she is really thirsty in this mode .Mixed riding and modes gave me max 182 per tank =21.9 litres worst 137 per tank .
This, unfortunately, is the root of most Benelli issues, certainly in the UK. It seems that only the mighty Sir Russ can fettle them properly and that nobody is training the dealers. Now I'll grant that following a converstaion with the mighty one I requested that my fave local mechanic ring him to find out how to fettle the fuelling and that the (very very wet) run home suggests it is running better BUT Bob should already have been taught, surely? it'd make Mr Russ's life much easier too? When we get some better weather and work stop sending me abroad I shall take the trek out for a proper run and hopefiully find out for sure......

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Ashley if you are anywhere near me you are welcome to come and compare by riding mine or meet up somewhere in the middle (any excuse for a blatt ) .With Sir Russ it is more of the case of what would you like sir because he and matt can do lots of things with there axone .People kept saying you need a tune boy or pc3 to set it all up properly well obviously thats not the case when it comes to Sir Russ .

·
Benellissimo
682 Posts
Definitely up for that sometime. Yes, it would be very intersting to do a compare. Reckon your about 150 miles south of me ish which is a bit far for a self confessed fairweather like me in Winter. Early next season?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i thought the weather has has been very good at the mo floods excluded .I have never been a fair weather rider Ashley ,so i take it you dont fancy a sea side ride out at xmas then we do it every year .

·
Registered
248 Posts
i thought the weather has has been very good at the mo floods excluded .I have never been a fair weather rider Ashley ,so i take it you dont fancy a sea side ride out at xmas then we do it every year .
A bit of rain never hurt anyone. The Trek's love it.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
my bikes dont have a say in it ,mind you i did have the tool box fill with water once and she died on me (soaked the relay ) drilled 2 holes its never happened since .Some of our best ride outs have been in the winter months .

·
Registered
248 Posts
my bikes dont have a say in it ,mind you i did have the tool box fill with water once and she died on me (soaked the relay ) drilled 2 holes its never happened since .Some of our best ride outs have been in the winter months .
I couldnt agree more Ferret. They are certainly the rides you remember the most too. Not always great memories, like freezing ya bollocks off. But getting out of wet cold gear and having a beer with a fire on is brilliant. Its more of an acheivement than a ride.

:clap:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts