Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Powercomander for a 05-06 TRE 900 for $100 bad news is your still going to get spanked by any 600 but it will help a little bit before it overheats or has a electrical problem, while your trying to find neutral. What a bad bike, ouch never ever again. I will save someone some good money on a powercomander because I feel sorry for them, I got tricked also by the good looks of the piece of crap.

·
3,085 Posts
cool

I'll take it off your hands for a $100 USD, pm me and we'll tee up payment and postage details, does your bike have the sagem ecu, i imagine it does.

What was wrong with yours, sounds like who evers being fettling it for you hasnt been doing the right things, once they are done right with some simple mods they run fine, I ride mine in 40 degree celcius heat with no problems.

sounds like someone put coolant in the overflow, which is a big no no.

·
3,085 Posts
hints

your dealers should have done the following with the factory upgrades to a 03-04 tornado, which i imagine yours is, the vin number will confirm the build date.
correct radiator cap
uprated clutch basket
nuetral selector actuator bracket in steel to replace ally one, idle set to correct 1200-1250 rpm idle speed.
bleed air from cooling system.
no coolant in catch tank
original tornados had version A clock/instruments, factory will upgrade to version D, no reset drama's
make sure its got a proper Yuasa battery.
load latest factory 6033 map for a tre. early us epa spec maps are crap.

further owner mods are
the battery lead mod to improve voltage delivery to the starter motor.
Z25 drive gear update.

Where did you get yours from?
I strongly suspect that the proper pre-delivery and factory supported upgrades havent been done. plenty of USA owners on here with bikes that run with no problems.

a few days worth of work and bingo, reliable as buggery.

I really suspect that ALL the benelli bagging I read about on US bike forums is due to poorly supported 03/04 spec bikes bought into the US without official factory support, 900cc tornado were never "officially" exported to the US, only a few 1130cc tornado went to the US officially, all 03 and some 04 tornado's needs they factory supported mods done.

·
5,929 Posts
....bad news is your still going to get spanked by any 600 ..... before it overheats or has a electrical problem, while your trying to find neutral. What a bad bike, ouch never ever again. I will save someone some good money on a powercomander because I feel sorry for them, I got tricked also by the good looks of the piece of crap.
You sound somewhat bitter Frank.
I think you're missing the point. You've bought a machine from a tiny company, that's made less than 3,000 - total. Honda do that in a day.
What did you expect?
To own something like the Tornado, you've got to put some effort in. You'll be rewarded if you do.

Nathan, check Frank's original thread.

·
Registered
513 Posts
bad news is your still going to get spanked by any 600 but it will help a little bit before it overheats or has a electrical problem, . What a bad bike
Which 600 is that mate....?? The 900 Tre has more power than any 600 at the moment and more torque than a 750 GSXR (not my words BIKE 09 ) maybe you should have opened the throttle mate:doh: :doh:

Mark

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I've not found a 600 yet that will stay with mine, in a straight line, at least.:D
Maybe you should check your coils sticks - I reckon you are only firing on two:rolling:

Cheers

Ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts