Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have someone fitted power commander to tnt? If I have aftermarket exhaust and dna filter should I fit also power commander or do I have to just remap the bike? What helps to fix the rich fueling?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
As far as I know you´ll should adapt your mapping if you have dna and an aftermarket exhaust!
If you have enough money than you should do the PC upgrade believe me you won´t repent it. ALL people I know have done this upgrade and they love it. I would do it too but the money.......the bloody money :bawl:

Feel free to make a donation...... to me
:D

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
PC = Power Commander

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
@laurence where are your Avatar Tittis? :D
Sorry matey but I seemed to loose my Avatar when Admin changed my account type and I now don't have the ability to upload my own, so I had to pick from the stock list.

Not a bad choice I thought but I'll see if I can get my old one restored just for you Stinger ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so as I understand the suggestion is: Go for PC if I have aftermarket exhaust and DNA filter? This would be the better choise than just install the latest factory map?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
so as I understand the suggestion is: Go for PC if I have aftermarket exhaust and DNA filter? This would be the better choise than just install the latest factory map?
You don´t have to install the PC for the aftermarket Exhaust and DNA filter but it make sence and your bike will run much smoother and has more Power because with the PC its possible to ajust each cylinder. But be carefull I heard that you will start grinning ear to ear after that upgrade :D

@Laurence
Stinger like Tittis......

....and Tornados :clap: :rolling:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok.
but is there a difference if I buy PC and load the map for aftermarket exhaust and dna filter or I just go to benelli dealer and ask them to install a maps what suits best to my conditions? My problem is that in my country there is no benelli dealer. But would it be possible?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
If you do the PC upgrade you´ll have to adjust the PC with a dynojet or something like that. PC is not plug and play!!!
I don´t know if your bike need the standardmap after PC upgrade or if the PC adjustment will take place insteed completly

Remapping without a Benelli Dealer will be impossible or do you have a Axone at your little Estonia Outpost :)

The other possibility you have is the "Tuneboy", some people here have done it. Tuneboy is an alternativ to PC but you can do the adjustment with your laptop but you can find Benelli Tuneboy experience at the forum :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
GUYS, THE TUNEBOY IS THE BUSINESS, easy to use and very effective, also simple to use several pre done maps that are supplied with it (TRE-K not included in mine, but might be now) or customise your own, even I managed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the tuneboy threads if you dont believe, me .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok
but I have read that if you use tuneboy or PC the maps is not in real time. I weather conditions change...cold air, hot air, hills, valleyes..it would not work. I think my previous ducati did get the information from O2 sensor and in real time it changed the mixture as needed. Don't stock TNT do that?

I also read from power commander home page that its a plug and play. I just need laptop and download maps from internet and done!

If I find someone with Axone then I do not need PC or tuneboy? Is there a map for Benelli stock ECU wich suits with aftermarket exhaust, DNA, flaps removed?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I heard Powercommander V can do that but as far as I know there is no version for Benelli yet. I heard from another System like PC or Tuneboy that adjust in real time but I can´t remember the name of it and you need the o2 sensor. Don´t know if TNT has one.

The question is: Do you need the realtime map adjustment!? I think its only necessary if you go to race track or youre a perfectionist.

Believe me I heard from people they did plug and play with the PC and it hasn´t worked very well! I have the feeling most of the Benellirider in germany take the PC and the "englishspeaking Side" takes the Tuneboy :D

I know so many Benellirider and when they had problems with there bikes the reason was every time a ignorant mechanic :) Good Mechanic --> no Problems

You can contact www.maniacmotors.de he has much knowlegde about Benellituning and adjustment.

In your case (without a Benelli Dealer nearby) I think the best option is the Tuneboy because of the knowledge here at the forum

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
maybe the one you cannot remember is motty afr. Yes I wonder if the tunboy is like that I can manage on my own and do not need a dealer. I was considering PC only because there is one on ebay with half a price. I must find out maybe dealer in finland or latvia could remap the standard ecu. In theory there is no difference if I use tuneboy or just let it remapped by someone who knows what he is doing. But about PC..I was reading the forum and seems like many many have problems with it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Power Commander? YES!

Hi Bananapieg,
I can tell my experience. I have been working during 3 months and still now performing the Power Commander. I can tell you that it really works.
You doesn´t need to remap anything, you just connect the PC and download from Dynojet website the map that better match with you mooding.
From my experience I can tell you that the best way is to try diverse maps for Benelli until you feel wich one is the best for your bike.
My TNT is mooded with no flaps, no exhaust valve and a DNA, and I´am playing basically with the 505, 504 and 503. These maps are the ones which works beter in my bike. The bike is smoother at low revs and the power has improved in the medium range without spots. Far less black stain from exhaust also. Now is a fantastic bike and the feeling is that still I can get more of all it...
Very important: switch off the O2 sensor or it will not work.
Now I´am playing leaning low and medium ranges in order to improve the fueling and experiencing diverse maps.
It would be very interesting and helpfull that all of you who has PC share info. about maps and adjustments in order to find the "magic map".
Please guys share this info. I can share with you a lot of info of my tests with the PC.

Carles

TNT Sport evo 08
flaps/exhaust valve/DNA+PC

·
5,929 Posts
Tambet, if you install a standard PC, you need to take data on rpm, throttle position & AFR, then modify the existing map (which is injector time vs throttle position & rpm, not AFR), then take more data. You repeat this until the AFR / power delivery is what you want. If you have a rolling road dyno, it'll take a few hours. If not, a few days, AND you need to collect data somehow.

Tuneboy CAN take data on your CR (I understand). [Not so for those of us with Sagem ECU's though.] Tuneboy can't measure AFR's directly. If you have access to a rolling road dyno, it'll have AFR sensing, and the development process is the same as with the PC.
Without a dyno, you'll need to install a wide band O2 sensor, and a separate system to log AFR's. An LM-1 will measure it, and a laptop will log it. The laptop will be needed to run Tuneboy. The development process is, as above, collect data, analyse it, modify the map (in the ECU this time), collect more data etc, etc, until you are happy with it.

The third option you've got, your best bet, IMHO, is to install a Motty AFR Tuner (AT). This is what I did, and a few other Benelli owners. All you do is set the AFR maps you want, and it does the rest. It measures AFR at the current throttle position & rpm, compares that with your map, modifies the injector time & repeats the process many times a second (that would take you days).
You would need to disconnect your existing narrow band O2 sensor, so that the ECU operates open loop. Just what you do with the open connection, I'm not sure. This HAS been discussed though, so the answer is nearby.
The added advantages of the AT, are, it compensates automatically for changes in altitude & airflow (the very latest PC can do this, as it is essentially the same as the AT). The AT gives you 2 maps as well. I use one for ecomomy (I can get 300 km out of a tank), and one for performance (240 from a tank). You can switch between them while riding.

The effort in fitting an AT, is similar to fitting a PC. You must modify the loom.
They both intercept the ECU injector timing, modify it & send it on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok. that makes sense.However what should I do with that data I collect somehow. I understand that motty tuner but as stated before the user just loads the map to PC and run, no dynotime needed. How is that?

·
5,929 Posts
ok. that makes sense.However what should I do with that data I collect somehow.
Knowing what the current injector time is (in each cell of the map), and the current AFR for the cells you've taken data for, make a guess as to what the injector time should be to produce the AFR you are aiming for. Then take more data, to see how well you guessed, & guess again. You iterate to the desired value.
It'll take you a while!
.. as stated before the user just loads the map to PC and run, no dynotime needed. How is that?
Someone else has done the dyno time!
Hopefully his bike is the same as yours.
(Unless, of course, it's the new PC, that works like the Motty, which does it all by itself, given an AFR Map to work towards)

·
442 Posts
Finally she's back home and going well.
i missed he a lot really noticed it when rideing her back home.the sheer grunt these bike's have got.WOOOOOOOO she really flys you need to hang on .
all's well but i do need to get her tuned in back to 100% normal.
i have read the guys here talking about the PC3,or Errol and the Motty AFR Tuner.don't know which way to go or just send her to get tuned in by the bike shop .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts