Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
keeft
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like a twat I broke mine when unloading the bike from the trailer :doh: :doh: :doh: (O.K admittance over)

Ordered a new one from dealer, over 100 US bucks...........:confused: Jeezus expensive or what. Set of chrome dog-leg levers for my magna was only 30 bucks. The Benelli piece is adjustable (barely) and nothing special, not CRG level!!. Do you guys in Europe get ripped off for original Benelli parts?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ducati levers are about £30 ($60ish). Perhaps the Benelli dealer thought you had bust the master cylinder as well :) . Whatever, dont pay it and the shop will get the idea.

I dont think the lever has Benelli written on it so go to a ducati shop and get one, or a BMW store, or an aprilia shop, or MotoGuzzi, or from ebay for a few quid ...

Something like this maybe ?

I personnaly would treat the bike and get a stubby lever. We have those on the race bikes and they never break, even when the bike goes down the road. We bust 2 radial master cylinders getting bikes out of the van with the lever getting pulled backward which pulls the piston out of the cylinder.

Aarron

·
keeft
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right, the replacement lever is not Benelli, its Brembo. At least it comes in sealed Brembo packaging with a Brembo installation guide. I doubt if they actually make them (no Brembo logo on lever).

Thxs for the alternative suggestions :clap: :clap:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts