Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have always promised myself a green/silver TRE (I have just bought a new 636 for reliability and general idiocy) and am saving for 2007. How much do you lot reckon the prices for second hand ones will reach over the next year or so?-I recently saw a green 2003 private sale TRE for £3995 on Ebay.
Are 2003 models much worse than later ones??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi there
I've got an '03 model. To be honest the 03/04 are similar they did have faults but were pretty much all rectified/recalled. There isent a whole lot that really goes wrong it tends to me more niggly things like trip meter resets etc but that happens on all the models. The recalls on the 03 04 models where tilt switch mod, clutch basket replacement. 6033 map - makes the bike run loads better! Erm oh and a neutral mod that kinda works. Other than that theres not alot of difference. Im not sure if Im right in saying this but some fella has a 05 model not to far from me and his has cheaper levers and front forks or atleast adjustment, mine has comp and rebound I think his only had comp.

I paid £4500 approx in Nov '05 got it with 2600 miles and now has just a touch shy of 7000. I've had a few probs but to be fair I've been a little hard on the poor girl. But then you kinda summed it up in one. If ya wanna bike to thrash and do little in the kind of check ups etc run the 636. The tre is fine but you need to keep to the services and maintain it a little more altough some may beg to differ

Goodluck either ways

Dean

ps you ridden one yet??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can pick a Brand new one for a measly £6495. Which is exactly what I did. Cheaper than the cheapest 600 baby gixxer at 6795.
I always overlooked the Tornado thinking it was a rich mans toy. I walked into the dealer looking for a new Gixxer 750, and whilst browsing there were 3 bikes together. First a brand new CBR600RR in Repsol colours at £7495, A 2 year old R1 at £7000 and the Benelli at £6495. Up to the counter, card in hand "i will take that one please"
A lot of bike for the money. Very impressive. Its just having its 1st service so am now looking forward to a real play.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make that £5995 for the Tre and £6995 for the RS thats from Taz. I think KJM are doing them for a couple of hundred quid more

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Stu

Same as me. Was looking at getting a new Gixer 750....price £7200 in the shop I went to......New RS £6995.

Hello Mr Taz ...here's my card details

:eek:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies!
Cannot afford a new one as just bought the 636 but am saving hard for next year-will have a budget of about £4-4.5k.
(Have to factor in insurance as I lobbed my pride and joy RS250 in May).
I have not ridden one but to be honest I'm not to worried about that-I just love the look of these bikes-the greatest motorcycle design ever I would say ( theres a cue for a new thread!) so it would be a trophy/sunny day toy!
Got to go and put another quid in the piggy bank!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts