Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm since 1 month a Benelli TNT Sport 06 owner.
Now i've got allready 1000km and i want to install an injection module.

At first i would install a Powercommander. But since a friend told me that the Tune boy module better is, i've started to hesitate.

Can anyone give me some information about the difference between the 2
modules.
Every info is welcome!!

Greetz Triple

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Triplesec, Basically a powercommander can modify the fuel mixture after the ecu. Its main benefit is that providing a suitable map is available to suit your set up, or if you have a map modified whilst on a dyno, that you will get better performance and or smoother running. Tuneboy basically can modify the ecu settings including ignition, rev limit,etc similar to an (Axone) the dealers diagnostic tool. The tuneboy can also carry out tests and diagnostics.
The downside of the tuneboy is that to create a map for your setup although possible using a pc dyno, no dealers with the dyno seem prepared or able to do it ! See comments on here somewhere ?
Hope this helps a bit ?????
;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks colintornado. Now i understand how it works. I'm gona ask some info at my dealer if he can install it. I know a dutch kind of module called Rapidbike. It can do the same as a Tuneboy... but I don't think it can be installed on a Benelli.

Greetz

·
1,841 Posts
Tuneboy

Sorry I should have said, the tuneboy is software with a lead you plug in to your laptop or desktop computer and to the socket under your seat. why dont you go to www.tuneboy.com.au
and have a look ! you can download the software and have a look and see all it can do !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts