Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a right notion for a bar of Turkish Delight last night and nipped down to the local BP garage to get some sweeties. Guess how much the f*ckers charged for a bar of Turkish Delight? Go on, guess!

Seventy f*cking pence for a bloody bar of Turkish Delight, seventy pence for a bag of 'Big Bite' crisps that were just full of air!!!
I knew the petrol is heavily taxed but jeezuz H, cholcolate as well!!!

I can remember when Monster Munch was 2p and Pot Noodles were 15p.
Seventy bloody pence for a bar of soap flavoured jelly coated in the skimpiest layer of chocolate. I'm still in shock. You could get a mortgage for that when I was a lad:rolling:

Al:D

And £3 for two slices of bread cut in half with only the middle filled with some cheap tuna so that it looks well filled and they call that a sarnie? Not even any butter on the bugger either.

Rant over:D

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
I can remember when Monster Munch was 2p and Pot Noodles were 15p.
Seventy bloody pence for a bar of soap flavoured jelly coated in the skimpiest layer of chocolate. I'm still in shock. You could get a mortgage for that when I was a lad:rolling:

Lol Al do you remember KP Skydivers 7p a pack ?

Were gettin too old m8

Mark

·
Fyule
697 Posts
wham bar anyone?

·
Registered
513 Posts
lol none of those count you can still buy em !! :doh: :doh: :doh:

here too

im trying to remember a bar it had nuts on the outside in a see through wrapper which I think was red buggered if I can remember the name :doh:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
A lucky tattie was always my fav. Loved those wee plastic models you used to find inside them. Almost swallowed one once:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I always liked the candy letters and my partner lisa likes them but very hard to get hold of. New Mills has Swizzels Matlow based in it and all the cars near the factory are covered in sugary powder which rots your car !!.

I remember the Curly Wurly being massive compared to now but then like Rob said earlier is that because you were smaller :confused: . :)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I remember the Curly Wurly being massive compared to now but then like Rob said earlier is that because you were smaller :confused: . :)
I went to Tescos yesterday and bought eight turkish delights (only £2.54 compared to the £5.60 it would have cost me at the garage) but for some reason they seemed smaller too. Only got three bites out of the buggers so I ate four for my breakfast this morning and half a fruit flan:rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Al dont forget your body is a temple :eek: maybe try dating some turkish delight or polish,italian , russian , greek etc

I think 50 cent must like sweets as in that song he did he's asking the girl to come suck on his lollypop and he wants for her to taste his candy shop !!well i think its sweet orientated :eek:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sweets

Sussex Tre

That bar is called of all things ' nutty bar'

Remember spending all my pocket money on lots of sweets or a nutty bar.
The bar won every time.

Who remembers Spanish Gold - coconut flavour sugar tobacco. Mmmmm.
Cheery lips / Fruit gums -
Cost me £30 quid for a filling last time I had a fruit gum....

What about rhubarb and custard boil sweets, cola / pineapple cubes.

Ah those were the days. Or so my mouthful of fillings shows I sure loved them sweet times !!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My favourite was from Eminem's song 'An Ass Like That' which had the lyrics ..

The way you shake it,
I can't believe it,
I ain't never seen an ass like that.
The way you move it,
You make my pee pee go,
Da doing, doing, doing.

:rolling::rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ahhhh Nutty Bars! That was them. I loved them. Cherry lips always made the paper bag go see through and they tasted kinda greasy if I remember. Kola Cubes used to rip the lining from the top of my mouth but I loved Pinapple Cubes as well.
Whenever I used to go to a pub and they would have those little Pinapple Cubes in the urinals a part of me always wanted to try them for some bizzare reason:rolling:

Nah only kidding ... I just pee'd in the sink:D

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Ahhhh Nutty Bars! That was them. I loved them. Cherry lips always made the paper bag go see through and they tasted kinda greasy if I remember. Kola Cubes used to rip the lining from the top of my mouth but I loved Pinapple Cubes as well.
Whenever I used to go to a pub and they would have those little Pinapple Cubes in the urinals a part of me always wanted to try them for some bizzare reason:rolling:

Nah only kidding ... I just pee'd in the sink:D

:rolling: I think I've just pee'd myself laughing AL, I couldn't make it to the sink ! :eek:

:rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
1,841 Posts
Does anyone remember bar six
I had forgotten about how nice they were !:) . On a sort of bike thing who remembers Barry Sheene advertising the Cadbury Amazin Bar. They were loverly ,so why the f.. did they stop making them, ?????? or perhaps it was just me that liked them :confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts