Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that's the suggestions I've had to hurry this baby along. For those that don't know the wife is due on Sunday. Its our first and whilst half of me can't wait for the whole fatherhood thing I'm secretly sh*tting myself. Been a manic 3 months as we've been having an extension built but its finally done so its just a waiting game now.

The wife is being great and I'm still allowed out on weekend blasts on the bike as long as I've got my phone set to vibrate and I'm within a half hour radius (which in my mind means approx 60 miles). I've suggested taking her to the hospital on the Benelli - surprisingly she's totally up for it although I can't figure out where to put the baby seat for the return journey.

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Congratulations, That's great news Ian :clap: .
I was like you myself really looking forward to it and in practice I was a champion nappy changer and bottle maker but deep down I was absolutely bricking em!

my lad was 2 weeks late and we got all the old wives remedies to speed up his arrival, the only one I thought was plausable was the old bit of how's your father remedy :D mind you she was having none of it and pointed out that's what got us to where we were in the first place :rolleyes:

when ever the baby decides to arrive it'll be the best thing that's ever happened to you mate, (apart from the sleepless night's and smelly nappies :rolleyes: :D )

best wishes to both of you and hope it's not too long before he/she arrives.

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
A becoming a father remember like it was yesterday, except it was 17 years ago. Good luck with it all m8 hopefully the sprog does not keep you waiting too long

My wife was 2 weeks late also and had to get induced

My dad started telling everybody she was going in to get "seduced":rolling:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
....she was going in to get "seduced":rolling:
Yep.. That's the way to do it.. :D Worked with all four of mine.. :rolling:

Good luck and hope ya not waiting toooooooo long.. :)

·
Fyule
697 Posts
You'll love it all when it arrives, make sure you get in with the first nappy change etc... you'll be able to live off that one for years!!!

Seriously though it's great and the sleepless nights aint all that bad, it's a amazing to see the little bundle of joy any time of the day or night.

Good luck, best wishes to you and of course to your good lady.

Fraser

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I've suggested taking her to the hospital on the Benelli - surprisingly she's totally up for it although I can't figure out where to put the baby seat for the return journey.
Sorted :rolling:

Hope all goes well for you both and if your planning to be at the birth, remember to stand at the 'unproductive end' ;)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Best wishes mate, and do follow the advice from laurence!

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
nah mate, no man needs to see what happens to their good ladies "bits" as your dear new-born is delivered, or see what comes immediatley after....

then again, apparently the placenta is quite a delicacy in some cultures!:eek:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
nah mate, no man needs to see what happens to their good ladies "bits" as your dear new-born is delivered, or see what comes immediately after....

then again, apparently the placenta is quite a delicacy in some cultures!:eek:
Best not ta dwell on that mate, just think of the great night out ya will have, 'wetting the bairns head'.. ;)

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Exciting times await ..... Brilliant fun ... And it doesn't stop! I am currently in Aberdeen at the uni helping my daughter with a project ... Off home shortly otherwise I'd suggest a quick beer to advise on the science of nappy changing! Mike:rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Good Luck to your partner and yourself Ian - Brilliant thing Kids and maybe the best thing to ever come along -second to a benelli of course :D . My eldest is 17yrs and youngest 6yrs and all five have been joys as babies and i congratulate you both for your imminent arrival :bow: . Colin(Borat) and his partner Lisa have just enjoyed the patter of tiny feet (their second) so he's just been in the position you both are and he'll tell you how its been fantastic :) . best Wishes .

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exciting times await ..... Brilliant fun ... And it doesn't stop! I am currently in Aberdeen at the uni helping my daughter with a project ... Off home shortly otherwise I'd suggest a quick beer to advise on the science of nappy changing! Mike:rolling:
You should have let me know - could have bought you lunch. Keep your eyes peeled for me today as I've got the bike with me.

You can vouch for the fact that Aberdeen is the sunniest city in Britain! Albeit a bit chilly!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
& thanks all for your best wishes and words of wisdom...5 kids Angus!...jeez you've been busy:bow: !!!
Let you all know when things happen!!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Is she still keeping us all waiting then Ian ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yep, still all quiet on the Eastern front. Like a cat on hot bricks every time the phone rings at the moment!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts