Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I cant say how much this really dissapoints me.

Millenium motorcycles have an 2009 1130 Tornado Tre with 2 miles for £4995.00!!!!!!!
Really depresing.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That has to be a mistake surely?? Never seen the 1130 go anywhere near that low! Sounds like a bargain to me if it's true

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Take a search on the MCN sales page, it is there and clearly states that it is a m***ive saving on the original price!:bawl: :bawl:
I have tried to post the linky thing but it didnt work.

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Looked at the Millenium Motorcycles website, couldn't find the bike as mentioned in MCN, this could just be a get you through the door type sales patter, of course when you enquire it will be gone and the sales chap will try to point you in the direction of at tre 900 (just my cynical mind though)

·
Registered
574 Posts
£4,999 would really anoy me ....

As I paid £7,000 for my 1130 on a 57 plate with 1,000 miles on the clock (which I thought was an exceptional deal considering a new one is best part of £11,000 list) I would be mightliy annoyed if a new one is now at £4,999.

Considering the last of the 900's are still advertised at £5,999 this must be a misprint. Either that or somones going to get one hell of a bargin!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It is deffinately on the MCN page but the link doesnt work, here is the transcript of the advert: -

Features and full description
2008 (09 Reg)
2 miles
1130cc
Manual 6 speed, 2 Delivery miles, Green. FANTASTIC ITAILIAN LOOKS, AND A M***IVE £4950 OFF COST NEW, 2 YEARS MANUFACTURERS WARRENTY, DELIVERY AVAILABLE NATIONWIDE £9,999
£4,950

Address
Millenium Motorcycles
Thatto Heath Road

St. Helens

Merseyside

WA9 5PE

It does give the option to 'e-mail to a friend'.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Calm Down

Would you believe it, when I rang to ask about the bike they said a lot of people have rung and that MCN have made a mistake and it should say a saving only, the price is £9995.

Even that doesnt work out right though but at least they arent trying to sell it for £4950.
:clap:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
their ads are misleading

Its always 4995, saive off original price, they had similar ads in bike trader etc for the standard 90ss etc

so it means they come higher up the list when you search by price!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
CAn't give benellis away here in the states. New 1130 Tornado's have been for sale for under 12k dollars( about 500 pounds:rolleyes: ) and still wont sell. New Tre K's under 8k. I think the people in charge are used to selling objects that don't need after sale support. Like the Chinese junk bought at flea markets. We had long discussions about product support here in the USA with the importer and told him he had one chance to get it right. Once the word got out about post sales support, 90 percent of prospective buyers would run. Not alot of bike owners would deal with the BS ***ociated with Benelli. At least HD has parts available. Dealers can't even get simple oil filters. When the old Bimota importer was the USA importer, he would save a few bikes and use them just for parts. Had them in 24 hours if you needed them. When the Chinese said this was stupid, he quit. Thats the reason my Benellis are for sale. I bought them knowing I could get what I needed right away. When the Importer changed, can't even get a call back much less a part. The sad part is, I love the bike, rides great, plenty of balls, but the Company sucks. Had Bimota's for 16 years, never had any trouble with parts(actually easier to get than duc parts).

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Yep, bad practice if you ask me. They had a new LE advertised a few weeks ago with a headline listed price of £9k but when I enquired they referred to the price quoted in the body of the add which was £13k :mad:

Update

Piss me!!! I've just checked and the listing is still there

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Thats blatant mis-advertising. Report them to trading standards.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Absolutely Colin, that's disgracefully bad practice
Bugger it, I'm jumping on this band wagon too:rolling: I'll send a note to trading standards tomorrow. On a little side note, I popped in to a corner shop today and bought four small bottles of Lucozade (two for a quid) and it wasn't until I opened one of them and saw the writing along the top of the bottle which said 'Not for individual resale'. Feckin' robbing b*stards:rolling:

Al:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yep, bad practice if you ask me. They had a new LE advertised a few weeks ago with a headline listed price of £9k but when I enquired they referred to the price quoted in the body of the add which was £13k :mad:

9.8k pounds and I'll sell you a new one. And won't change the price!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wasnt thinking of selling but when you buy a bike and then find one a couple of months later for £4000 less it really pi^^%s you off somewhat.

·
Registered
574 Posts
MCN review on 1130

Following this weeks MCN for its top 10 exotica under 10k ... the 1130 scored 100% for its handling, and almost 100% for its engine and brakes so it confirms its best to hang on to it ....

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Following this weeks MCN for its top 10 exotica under 10k ... the 1130 scored 100% for its handling, and almost 100% for its engine and brakes so it confirms its best to hang on to it ....
I hear what you're saying Nigel but I think people are more savvy now when looking at buying bikes that are that little bit different such as the Benelli. Only a little research will reveal that dealer support is very very poor and who really wants to buy a bike when such a vital link in the chain has such a serious flaw?
Benelli really need to do something drastically (in my opinion) about customer service/dealer support in order to survive in todays climate. Bad news travels a damn sight faster than good news and they have to realise that producing a bike in the 'exotica' category isn't enough to keep them afloat. Their apparent ignorance to these areas makes me mad as it is something that is fixable but they seem to be signing their own death warrant by turning their backs on these issues rather than dealing with them:mad:

Al;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts