Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, My Amazonas took a tumble today and the footpeg snapped off the rear brake lever. I've been searching online for about an hour and all I am presented with by Googles's finest is discs, pads and front brake levers or a tatty looking rear brake lever from Italy that looks different (oval peg instead of round) . does anyone know where I can get a replacement for the original or a compatible alternative? Also does anyone know if I can replace the existing hand protectors for bark busters on the standard bars? I tried an Oxford equivalent and they wouldn't fit.
Thanks
Gareth

·
Registered
853 Posts
Aliexpress do a one which fits but is slightly thicker on the round disc and stub length .Assuming it is just the end that you need and not the arm. Lower one is Aliexpress I think Bn302. Upper one is original.
My Tre k (non Amazonas) has Acerbis guards they are a bit waffey and fix into the bar ends only.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Aliexpress do a one which fits but is slightly thicker on the round disc and stub length .Assuming it is just the end that you need and not the arm. Lower one is Aliexpress I think Bn302. Upper one is original.
My Tre k (non Amazonas) has Acerbis guards they are a bit waffey and fix into the bar ends only.
Thanks GBo, mine has sheered off so part of the peg is still in the recess in the lever arm and the other part is in the rubber. I suppose I can just drill out the bit stuck in the lever

·
Registered
853 Posts
[h=1]This is description

Rear brake pedal lever / Shift pedal lever for Benelli BN302 TORNADO TNT300 STELS 300 Keeway RKX 300 / BN TNT 300 302[/h]
yeah it should come out easy. Take the clamp screw out support the lever and just knock it through.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is description

Rear brake pedal lever / Shift pedal lever for Benelli BN302 TORNADO TNT300 STELS 300 Keeway RKX 300 / BN TNT 300 302

yeah it should come out easy. Take the clamp screw out support the lever and just knock it through.
As soon as the flood has stopped I'll get out there and sort it. I think I might try a nut bolt and a few washers to keep it on the road while a new one is on its way and I'll check out the Acerbis guards too. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I drilled my busted one out then threaded a an M6 bolt into the peg part .. been good ever since
I like the sound of an M6 bolt. It can't be as flimsy as the original
It really is a good fix. I had to change the way the clamped portion fitted in the lever to allow me to sink the stainless Allen head into it so it wasn't visible.
If I find a good photo of what I did I'll add it here .. but this one's shows the fix . Pay attention to the rebated part of peg that now sits on the opposite side .
Rubber only half way on for photo .

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks folks, i followed advice and drilled what was left of the concentric adjuster and I've mounted another lever. Took the bike for a spin and all served fine... But that was Monday. Its Friday and now I've lost all power to the starter and dash. Roadsode recovery tested the battery and it looks like its fully charged so the starter circuit must be working. We had it running for about 30 minutes then too but then it stalled and now there's nothing. When I leave out for about 30mins and switch the ignition back on sometimes the dash tries to power up and then is all cuts out again. Anyone any ideas what's going on and if this is common. Most of the problems I've had so far have been so. Thanks

Gareth

·
Registered
853 Posts
As I understand it the dash doesn’t affect running so it sounds like a fuse, relay, wiring or kill switch Have you or a friend got a multimeter?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Interesting issue this ... If you need help let me know , I'll try my best I've had a right baptism by fire Nelli wise lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Off Road set

If you need a full assembly give me a shout as i don"t use them.
Mine is now with a proper offroad set.
Hi Desmodude. How much do you want for these? Also, would you mind sharing which offroad set you went for?
Thanks
Gareth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts