Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if they are those brass round ones or a spade type where they plug into the loom? what size and where i can get some?
I'm thinking of getting a numberplate frame from the states that has red LED's across the top and bottom and Amber on each side and using these as replacement for the stock indicators for a custom tail tidy. Ideally I would like one with clear LED's across the tops to suit aussie road design requirements to act as a numberplate running illumination light and red on the bottom as a back up running / brake light. If the plates are about the same size (LXW) and has resistors build in to maintain the flask rates I can finally ditch the stock plastic coat hanger :)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Nathan,

The connectors for the rear indicators and number plate light are the round brass 'bullet' type. (Blue Size)

I found that they were not very well insulated so I would suggest that you wrap them with self-amalgamating tape then insulating tape after you have finished working on them. I have also fabricated a plastic cover to sheild the connectors and cables from the spray off the rear wheel.

Oh, and you may find that you don't need the LED resisters as my LED indicators worked fine and flashed at the correct rate without them.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
.... I have also fabricated a plastic cover to sheild the connectors and cables from the spray off the rear wheel.
Can we have a group buy on these please Laurence.... :D

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hmmmmm, Stephen, maybe 'fabricated' was a little misleading......all I did was cut a section out of a 5 ltr plastic bottle container, cut it into shape then bent it into place under the rear tail tidy.

To hold it on I pulled down one of the plastic brackets that holds the cables to allow a small hole to be drilled through the base. All you need to do after that is drill a hole in the plastic shield to match the position of the hole in the plastic bracket and bolt it on. Ta Da. :clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts