Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I went to the IOM back in May I removed the rear seat cowl and have only recently decieded to put it back on, however, upon putting the seat back into the cowl I snapped one of the lugs off :bawl: like the Numbty I am ! :doh:

So any idea what the best solution is to fix it back on ?

superglue, Plastic weld or what ?

Any help will do ?

Of course I did breath a few unrepeatable words under my breath when I did it, like ~ "oh gosh" & "Well I never" & "oh Poop !" And of course I also said ~ "B*llocks, F*ck and A*seholes !" and my favourite of cussing myself "You Stupid F*ckwit !"

I'm sure you get the picture !

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
its so easy to do that mate, i only separated the pillon pad & seat cowel once & ordered a spare seat pad the next day. Unlucky mate :bawl: :bawl:

·
Registered
417 Posts
By coincidence have just been fixing the missing tab off mine tonight. Tab was missing when bought the RS.. so nothing to glue back. Baulked at spending £50 on a new one so have made myself a new tab from small metal angle bracket, rubber washer, araldite and red touch up paint. Araldite is setting as we speak.. will see how it goes and if can get seat back in!
Its a stupid design :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Baulked at spending £50 on a new one :rolleyes:
They are a bit more than that, I'm afraid - £76 inc vat + postage from MotoGB, at the last count.
I have one spare, intact, complete with the 2 rubber bumstops, but some numpty (previous owner, not me!) painted it green, so it needs repainting. £20 + postage if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
417 Posts
They are a bit more than that, I'm afraid - £76 inc vat + postage from MotoGB, at the last count.
I have one spare, intact, complete with the 2 rubber bumstops, but some numpty (previous owner, not me!) painted it green, so it needs repainting. £20 + postage if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Ian
£76 - blimey.
I saw a red one on eBay from a breakers for £50 and thought that was too much already! We'll see how the mend goes when the glue has set tomorrow.
Can buy the single race seat unit for £145 from Skidmarx... (plus getting it sprayed of course) which takes the standard seat. Would be tempted by that if I was going to spend money replacing the thing...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Top tip of the day, leave it in the sunshine, or the airing cupboard in colder weather to warm it up before attempting to fit or remove it.
It'll be more pliable and less likely to break.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just want rid of the seat.. and would rather the cover itself fitted direct to the bike... maybe a new part for c a r b o n . s k:) (would need to be colour co-ordinated though and not black as this wouldnt look so good :confused: ).

·
Registered
642 Posts
how much does a rear seat cost??

might be easier have a complete seat with cowl and a seat for when you want a seat?

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
Hows that for inflation ??

Ian,
this reply promted me to contact MotoGB to see if they'd got a YELLOW
seat cowl for my RS...some of you may remembr mine flew off at about 80ish and I still haven't got round to getting it painted.

Figured it may well work out cheaper to buy a new 'un.

I have just received a reply from Lee at Moto GB who is quoting £125.99 inc VAT !!!!!! (as Nan Taylor would say ....What a f***kin' liberty!!):bawl: :bawl:

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Ian,
this reply promted me to contact MotoGB to see if they'd got a YELLOW
seat cowl for my RS...some of you may remembr mine flew off at about 80ish and I still haven't got round to getting it painted.

Figured it may well work out cheaper to buy a new 'un.

I have just received a reply from Lee at Moto GB who is quoting £125.99 inc VAT !!!!!! (as Nan Taylor would say ....What a f***kin' liberty!!):bawl: :bawl:
That is outrageous! My price check was a year ago, some inflation eh?:doh:
It may be worth checking out how much to get one painted....;)

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
417 Posts
Here's my "new tab"... not pretty but strong enough to do the job and will stop front corner flapping. Its a bit deeper than the orginal tabs but make sure seat goes under this one first. Prob never come off again anyhow as dont do pillions.

Edit... now seat re-fitted - snug - perfect job! - and re-fitted with no flappy front corner :D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Cheers Rob!

Its just an old zinc corner bracket I had lying around (homebase I think)... I rounded off the sharp corners with a file, bent it shut a bit, squeezed a rubber grommit into the hole where screw would normally go and then shaved a bit off with a stanley knife as was sticking up too much, some araldite, some red touch up paint and jobs a good'un. Bracket feels more solid that the remaining three plastic ones!

Just need the rain to go away now as bike now reassembled as given up on exhaust for the mo while rethiunk link pipe - but next four days goes something like light rain > heavy rain > light rain > heavy rain :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts