Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi again

i was down on the floor today cleaning my bike and i noticed some numbers on the link arms on the rear suspention arms, mine is the amzonas and stand about 50 mm higher than a standard trek.

would someone be so nice and tell me the numbers on a standard trek so that i can see if they are differant so that i can see about lowering mine ,

i would like to lower it around 30/40 mm and i know i can do this on the front via lowering the forks through the yoke but i need to change the rear links so that i keep the same travel front and rear

thank mathew

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
please

please will some one just bend down and read me the numbers on the link arms so that i can start the proses of lowering my bike

thanks mathew

·
Registered
146 Posts
please will some one just bend down and read me the numbers on the link arms so that i can start the proses of lowering my bike

thanks mathew
just been out in the freezing cold garage 136 is stamped on my treK link arms , is it not just the bigger wheels that make the difference in seat height,
let me no how you get on i have been thinking of making some shorter ones for my treK
cheers
forby

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
/

thanks mate mine says the same, must be the shock lenth that does it i will try another option

mat

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
done it

after messing around for a week i have found the magic number, to lower the bike around 30 mm the link rods need to be 5mm longer, i have been playing with mine every night after work and have found that links 141mm centre to centre of bolt holes makes for a great stance for a 30" inside leg on the amazonas i also droped the forks through by 30 mm, this make the bike just right for me, i also had the seat done by custom seats in coventry they did maximum reduction and fitted a gell pad for comfort cost return postage was £110 and took 3 day turnround door to door

mathew

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi mat
well done mate are you going to get some made up, or make them your self , i was thinking of doing the same thing. what diameter are the holes on ether end and what type of steel were you thinking of using i had stainless in my mind
cheers simon

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

had the temp ones made from alloy 30mmx6mm x 141mm hole to hole as it was easyer to work with but the final ones will be from stainless, the holes are 10mm diamiter

mathew

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

i will check tomorrow as i left bike at work, when i droped mine it has gone past the 5 markers on the fork tops and a bit more but i will measure again.

mine is the amazonas that has diferent forks to the road one

mat

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
forks

remeasured mine today and i have 27 mm through the top the yokes this is not including the adjuster just the leg its self,if you can't get this much remember tha for every mm longer you make your arms = 6mm in drop on rear or there abouts so you can adjust them to suit

mat

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
sos for the late reply mines on a trek so i`m looking at bars now to allow me to do the drop on the front mind you i cant do jack at the mo still laid up .the other option was for risers but again i will have to get some made

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
actually got round to fitting the lowering links to the rear today worked a treat.I do however think i may have to shorten the side stand to compensate the bike seems very upright , has anyone else had to do this after lowering the bike .

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
does that all mean cut 5mm off the stand or make the links 5mm longer hhhmmm my spainish aint that good lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
It is concerning the installation of a piston rod (spare part) that reduces motorbike high in 5 cm. This spare part has been designed and approved by Daytonabikes.com

·
Registered
332 Posts
changed the shock on my Tre-K

My rear shock had no static sag at all and max adjustment. The bike stood tall. I took the shock off, and the adjustment works fine, just set up wrong for the weight of the bike. Anyhow, I had a Hagon shock of a TNT hanging around - same fittings but about 15mm shorter. I fitted it, and now I have adjustable static and rider sag, and the bike sits a bit shorter. It does mean it is a bit upright on the stand, but I'm used to that with Aprilias. When I get it set up correctly I think it will sit a bit higher, so worth a try. Hagon don't list a Tre-K shock, just because nobody's asked for one - the first customer is the development mule. www.hagon-shocks.co.uk.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
well i have lowered the bike 27mm overall front and rear all seems well after i took it for a good ragging .however i have now had to adjust the shock up a bit after going down some of our crap roads near me it felt like the rear oe guard was bottoming out on some off the large bumps and dips .will be trying it two up tomorrow to see if theres any problems hopefully not as the height is great for me now .i have cut 25mm off the stand to compensate as she was a puff of wind would have blown her over .there is a downside i did keep scuffing me boots a bit more offten lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts