Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you plan on running the Dunlop 209 GP tires, make sure to space the rear mud guard/hugger/fender up and away from the rear tire by using spacers between the mud guard/hugger/fender and the swing arm. Longer screws help. I used some spare aluminum spacers from my race spares.

The Dunlop 209's need about 10 to 12mm of clearance because of the growth of the diameter of the tire at high speeds. :D

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess the same problem will happen when putting Pirelli Supercorsa in size 190/55 on it ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the same problem will happen when putting Pirelli Supercorsa in size 190/55 on it ?
Got them on mine now never seemed to have a problem (proper sticky too :p )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pirelli Tire Growth

I've been wrenching on a local racer's GSXR 1000 for a part of this race season and working with Pirelli tires. They do not seem to have the growth problem of the Dunlops. We also run the Pirelli's at a much lower air pressure than the Dunlops.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Info on tyres

Funny I was talking to a racing tyre tech last night.

Aparently Pirelli and Metzler are essentially the same company. I was buying some Racetecs to go on my track R1)

The difference with Racetecs and Super Corsas over Dunlops and Bridgestone is apparently the big P use steel belts in the tyre construction whereas the others (Dunlop ,Bridgestone) use something else (I cant remember what) .

Consequntly the non steel belt tyres suffer from expansion when at working temperature due to the flexing of the belts, this also means the profile of the tyre changes also.

So there ya go...a bit of second hand knoledge for those not in the know....like me
:rollin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts