Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pulled out the rear wheel to put a new tyre on. My initial thoughts were that the nut was too easy to undo. Set the spacers down on each side so as not to confuse the issue putting it back in. But guess what, when all back together and the nut done up, the rear brake carrier is in contact with the disc. So I thought whoever had the wheel off last time must have mixed up the spacers. Swapped them around. The caliper will then not go onto the disc. Is there sposed to be a washer between the spacer and the caliper bracket? Im missing something.....in the pictures you can see the gap between the bracket and the spacer. The caliper bracket in cotact with the disc.

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
So I pulled out the rear wheel to put a new tyre on. My initial thoughts were that the nut was too easy to undo. Set the spacers down on each side so as not to confuse the issue putting it back in. But guess what, when all back together and the nut done up, the rear brake carrier is in contact with the disc. So I thought whoever had the wheel off last time must have mixed up the spacers. Swapped them around. The caliper will then not go onto the disc. Is there sposed to be a washer between the spacer and the caliper bracket? Im missing something.....in the pictures you can see the gap between the bracket and the spacer. The caliper bracket in cotact with the disc.

You should have a thicker spacer on the disc side and a slimmer one on the chain side Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Rim Nut Tire Wheel Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle tire

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, that's what I thought. But when I tried that I couldn't get the caliper onto the disc. That's why I'm thinking it must be missing something. I will try again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts