Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to all from a very bright Kent (makes a change after the recent weather)

This is my first post on the site, which i've found very helpful.

I have the TRE, although only registered 14 months ago it's an original model which I have owned from new. Can anyone advise what recalls/modifications I should be looking at. The clocks have already been an issue (just about to have the 3rd set fitted) my dealer has the bike at the moment and he is undertaking the clutch modification.

I have a Blue Flame tri-oval twin pipe on the bike, WOW what a sound it still makes my hair stand on end each time I start it up.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Welcome Kev!
Post up pics of your bike! Especially the exhaust. Always good to see what others have found with regards to options and accessories for their bikes.

Oh yeah don't forget to get yourself into the registry. :)

Cheers!
Roland

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, just re-read my own post re the exhaust, should have read twin outlet not twin pipe, when I get the bike back from the dealers pics will follow. Twin pipe, now there's a thought.

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Hi Kev and welcome to the forum buddy.

There's loads of stuff been posted already about recalls etc. If you do a search with a few relevant words you should find all the info you would ever want................ and a whole lot more besides.

By the way, how come it took you so long to find the Forum?

Love to see some pics of that pipe of yours:clap:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Laurence,
thanks for the welcome and advice, not sure why it's taken so long to find the forum, but very pleased I did.

I did notice your post regarding the rear-sets, I sent you a seperate E-mail asking if I was to late to order them, I have a friend who has the LE and he is also 100% if you can get them.

No pics of my own bike at the moment but if you go to www.blueflameperformance.com they have pics of the end cans available.
Does mess up the bottom end fueling a touch (being sorted for me soon) but the noise is incredible, one other thing is it comes road legal with removable baffles, no idea what it sounds like with them in, they came out before the can was fitted (be rude not to).

http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/images/smilies/clap.gif

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Hi Kev,

Some nice looking exhausts on that site, which one do you have?

Many thanks for confirming that you and your mate are interested in the Rear Sets. One of the Dealers who visits the Forum is trying to get a better price for them so I'm going to hold off placing an order for a week or two.

I'm certain that the fitment is the same for the LE but just to make sure, could you get him to measure the distance between the fixing holes?
It should be exactly 65mm on both sides of the bike.

By the way, I never got the Email that you sent. Could you maybe check the email address and resend please? [email protected]

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum Kev :hiya:

Glad you found the place - as you have probably found out, it is full of lots of useful information and tips. (It is also full of SPAM too -eh Al !! ??)

I recall someone else on here stating they had a Blue Flame can on their Tornado - Cant wait to see the pics and where / how the link pipe connects.
(Blue flame dont list the Tornado as a fitment - so I think a few of us would be interested in exploring this avenue. As you have found out -there arent many aftermarket bits that you can get for the Tornado)

Catch ya soon

Kurt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Morning all.
I have the same can as the one in the attached pic (although my bike is Silver Black) blue flame sent the pic to me when I was looking around. They are very helpful if you phone them. From memory the can was in the £300 bracket for the plain Titanium evo 3 (including all the fittings and link pipe) and was very easy to fit, unlike some other cans I've fitted.

Sent the email to the correct address laurence, I have sent it again so you can check your emails are working Ok. Thanks for the info on the LE, I'll get him to check it out.

Kev

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Hi Kev, I received your resent email. Can't understand how I didn't get the original though!!

Let me know when you hear back from your mate.

Cheers,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts