Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you guys think its worth making a list of all known recalls and upgrades on TNT's and Tornado's so newbies and long timers can keep updated I know on older bikes warranty work may well no longer be covered but at least the owners will know what should have been done.

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
I can't agree more guys, only had nelli a short while and I don't really know much about her history upgrade wise.
The local dealer said he thought! she'd had the clutch upgrade :confused:, that really filled me with confidence I can tell you :doh:
Ive had a look at Errol's list:bow: :clap: :bow: and will feel much better taking her to a different dealer and getting them to check out all the mods.

your a top bloke Errol :bow:

Johnny:cool:

·
5,928 Posts
If you're ok with making it public knowledge (some aren't), let me know your details Johnny 1, when you get 'em, and I'll put them in.

Don't want to be alarmist (actually, I DO), but you really DO need to know if your 1130 clutch basket & alternator drive shaft are the latest. Don't wait. Do it ASAP. If you break the shaft, you're not going to be a happy chappy! :bawl:

Mine's a 900, and I'm installing the latest shaft when I change my cam chain in a couple of weeks time. I probably don't need to, I've managed 50,000km without breaking it, but I'm paranoid. I just don't want to risk it. 1130's are WAY more fragile in this area.

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Hi Errol, she's a 2003 model 900 tornado that Iv'e got, she's getting quiet an old girl now and has nearly 12k miles on her but I love her :)

like I said I only think the clutch mod has been done going by what my local dealer said, and wouldn't have a clue what other nasties need sorting out :confused:
I'll be taking her into KJM before the end of summer to let them climb all over her and see if she needs anything tweaking or replacing.

the minute I have all the details I'll pm you with them, so far Ive just had the usual probs as in the flakey lower panels and the chain slapping on the swing arm which is now tighter than an eskimo's nad sack before every run out.

Cheer's
Johnny:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts