Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new around here (and on Benelli's world) and would like askyou’re your help. I'm planning on buying a very low mileage 2005 TnT 1130. As far as I know, there have been some recalls from the factory (plastic exhaust cover, injection mapping) but I would like to know exactly what were they and how can I spot if these have been carried out on this particular bike?

Main dealer help on this subject may be difficult to obtain around here (Portugal) since the company that represents Benelli changed during this period of time...

Sorry if this subject has been already focused in this forum but I really need this piece of information in order to close the deal.

All the best!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm new around here (and on Benelli's world) and would like askyou’re your help. I'm planning on buying a very low mileage 2005 TnT 1130. As far as I know, there have been some recalls from the factory (plastic exhaust cover, injection mapping) but I would like to know exactly what were they and how can I spot if these have been carried out on this particular bike?

Main dealer help on this subject may be difficult to obtain around here (Portugal) since the company that represents Benelli changed during this period of time...

Sorry if this subject has been already focused in this forum but I really need this piece of information in order to close the deal.

All the best!
What´s the name of the actual portuguese official repesentative?
Did you get in contact for all the details since you´re buying a used tnt.

·
5,934 Posts
....As far as I know, there have been some recalls from the factory (plastic exhaust cover, injection mapping) but I would like to know exactly what were they and how can I spot if these have been carried out on this particular bike?!
Welcome to our forum Bruno.
Main updates for the 1130 engine are alternator drive shaft & Z25 gear, and fan upgrade. The best way to check the former, is to remove the clutch cover & have a look. If the engine has the "hot start problem" you can be fairly sure that it hasn't been done. You can also be fairly sure that you've got a ticking bomb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What´s the name of the actual portuguese official repesentative?
Did you get in contact for all the details since you´re buying a used tnt.
I believe that presently it's Olimotor... why???

I haven't contacted them yet because first I would like to know from actual owners around the world, what were the recalls they got. After this, I'll get in touch with the main dealer. Consider it a conservative/wise approach...;)

Engenia: as far as you know, do you also confirm the recalls I've mentioned?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts