Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check your recovery tank. I just had a massive leak from underneath the bike traced it down to the recovery tank inlet/outlet hose. The nipple off of the tank broke off at the hoses end. Now I need to wait for my only dealer to order me a tank and start the warranty claim process.:(

Update: Just found out thru SimiBenelli out of Moorpark California, that the recovery tank had a design flaw and was redesigned. The new part # R300083007000

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

Damn expansion tank broke again..... Have to figure out something else to replace the tank with. Maybe a smaller unit closer to the radiator.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's a drag. I think we talked a few years back when that happened to mine. Mine had split at the seam by the mounting tab. When I got the new one (supposedly upgraded) I reinforced the split area with some JB Weld. So far it's hanging in there. I'd be curious to see how you make out-replacement or mod. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you get a new tank , wanna sell out give away your old plug/cap? Mine went walkabout �� made a make do one but when hanging out over coolant leaks out .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts