Benelli Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
Any idea who is GIVING AWAY their RED RS 04 plate in North Yorkshire.

I know its not Angus under a cunning discuise cuz i have spoke to him and he can't believe that some 1 is
GIVING AWAY
a RED RS for that money.

This sort of selling is DEVALUING the WHOLE brand
BRILLIANT

Some 1 some where will get a bling bling bargin and the rest of us will just have to face facts that our Nellis are being devalued by this sort of rediculous low pricing...:mad:
But as i have know doubt some 1 will point out that its their bike and they can sell it for wot ever they want.
(so don't bother :rolling: )

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yep that is dirt cheap! If it is someone on here, you should know that Angus got offered 4500 for his (also an 04??)... Perhaps he has the number and you can get proper money for it?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
It originally cost the owner 4500 pounds off ebay last year but due to race commitments hence quick sale needed and its already sold !

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I am not surprised at that price... if I had seen it earlier would have bought it to make a profit! :rolling:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi Neil
It was advertised for, , , , WAIT FOR IT . . . .

£3695

So that would be top wack....
I know this will sound silly and like i am on a 1 man mission but we have to keep prices of pre owned bikes right or we are just throwing money away. The whole cheap new tornado sale did not do pre owned prices any good but on the other hand it has put more nelli's on the road so promoting the BENELLI name and their reputation for reliablity and availablity of spares. This is good for all concerned. Provided dealers provide a good service and we don't cut our own throats this can only keep prices of ALL pre owner bikes, even LE's at the level they should be for wot they are and not the way they seem to be heading.

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
I bought my silver and black tornado for 3800 from a dealer in london.
5300 miles,FSH and all clutch mods done,alarm/immobiliser and titanium sport race can,only 3 owners(inc me). I thought that was a good price!
Still got the original invoice for it and someone paid 12 grand for it 5.5 years ago:eek:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I check 'Glass's' guide every month at work and believe me, you would be horrified at the price you would get if anyone ever contemplated trading their bikes in.

If I am totally honest I don't get that much use out of mine any more and have been contemplating moving it on - but not at that price! (I also went for a good thrash on Sunday and have fallen back in love with it!)

£3695 is pretty much on the money if you look at the current pricing, however second hand values are on the increase thanks to our European brothers pushing the values up.

The amount of enquiries we get in the shop from Europe asking to buy our ENTIRE stock of second hand machines is incredible!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Dont know about Glass's but Parkers is bullsh*t when it comes to Tornados. They reckon 5K for an LE :rolling: I really struggle to understand how they come up with a price like that, bearing in mind I have followed the prices for the last 2 years they have all sold for between 7k and 9k regardless of reg, AFAIK.
Lupus was the lucky exception getting his for what he did the jammy bugger :rolling:
I think it comes down to the fact that people will pay over the odds for one with all the mods and a proven history cos anyone who has done their research would know thats worth its weight in gold!

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Dont know about Glass's but Parkers is bullsh*t when it comes to Tornados. They reckon 5K for an LE :rolling: I really struggle to understand how they come up with a price like that, bearing in mind I have followed the prices for the last 2 years they have all sold for between 7k and 9k regardless of reg.
Lupus was the lucky exception getting his for what he did the jammy bugger :rolling:
I think it comes down to the fact that people will pay over the odds for one with all the mods and a proven history cos anyone who has done their research would know thats worth its weight in gold!
Borat, I'm not talking retail prices, I am talking about what you'd get from a stealer - and trust me 'Stealer' is no typing error!

·
1,841 Posts
To confirm what Andy is saying, when my RS was about 6 months old or less kjm had it for 6 weeks and i was getting very p..doff,so i thought about knocking it in for something else. The highest offer I got was £2000 ! I would give to someone rather than get robbed by a stealer ! They did me a favour,as now all sorted it is a fantastic bike.:ele:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a big difference between the trade and public. I'm sure we all know that. Glass's guide and the black book and all the others are there only to provide a guide to profit available should they manage to buy/sell at the prices stated in their pages. I have spent long enough in the trade in years gone by so i have bought and sold for profit but i've also bought cuz i wanted somthing and that is a very different kettle of fish. If every one sold their bikes privately for trade in prices then the bottom would soon fall from the market. Imagine wot all the trade books would say then. They would have use paying traders to take our bikes of us.. :rolling:
The trade, to be fair are there to make a profit and with only a few exceptions i know of will do you NO favours at all. There are those who will make a small profit and be happy they have made you happy and there are others who will just insult you and pull ya pants down. :spank:
I pride my self on the fact i have NEVER bought from a SALES MAN yet but have bought off people who know/like/love bikes who are in sales. BIG DIFFERENCE, I found this at a BIG nelli name not more than a few weeks back when i was looking to trade in on a TREK :beat: :mad:
I know wot i got for my blade against my Beni and i also know wot DK sold my blade for. they made £500 on it... Fair enough :D
I would say the neariest jap bike to a 900 nelli is a GSXR 750, look in MCN and see wot 06 plate 's are worth £5500 + and i can't sell mine for £5000 with more bling and exclusivity than almost anything Japan can offer... :(

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Worst case, wait until the last of the "new" ones are sold and prices will creep back up. I was told by KJM that there are not a huge amount left, though I dont know the numbers. Before the "5995 campaign" started similar age bikes to my Tre were going for close to 5k (which is what I paid for it :D). I almost sold last year as well to save for the LE and has cost me a grand because I didn't, but thats life! I wouldnt worry.. long as Benelli stay in business this time we are at the bottom of the market I reckon.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well... I don´t worry too much about the prices of the Tornados. Why is that? I only need to think about the price if I intend to sell it. As long as i keep my bike, i don´t lose any money. Maybe you guys are worried because I are afraid of the possible future selling of your bikes.

In fact, I think I paid too much for my bike. But what can I say? I wanted exactly this bike with this equipment and this condition and i wanted it on time. So, I didn´t have a big choice and I paid the price for it.

We all should lay back and relax. I will store my bike in the living room before I sell it for 3500 GBP. I think the dropping prices are showing the current level of Benelli´s image and their marketing activities. But do I care? I enjoy to own my bike. And I hope you guys do, too. With our passion, we let others dream of own a Tornado as well. And as more and more are interested, the prices will rise again. Nothing to worry.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
A way to a fairer price.

I suppose myself having exactly the same bike abeit with a very nice reg plate to boot and a handful of extras way and above the norm should be worried over this price as demonstrated by the sale of the RS being very cheap but i'm not because firstly if there is a demand we know that we can control the price by either not giving into temptation with quick sell tactics or inflating our prices to what is in comparison to other similar bikes of year etc. I have been offered a figure of £4500 for mine which in reality is £400 than i paid so i suppose its just how you apply yourself to the market and making your bike that bit more desirable as i'm sure if i'd wanted to i could of left my phone number with the seller of the other RS to be able to pass on to people who have missed out and i bet out of ten buyers at least two would see the real value of the Benelli RS and buy it at my price ! (that'd be mine gone then:) ) . If no one was to sell a certain bike ie Tornado for a year or two then when one did become available the buying market woud jump at the chance to own exotica - is that not the case with RC30's OWO1's etc.

I suppose its a known thing to us that if the factory had a better previous sales history and proper management they would of gone from strength to strength in line with Ducati and bike prices would now be at a premium and some of us(me included) wouldnt of got the bargains we got in the first place :rolleyes:

Anyway on that note i'm off to clean mine and make the most of an early finish (ps ta Rob hope it was ok popping in for the coffee and chat and the LE thing its made my day ;) ).

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Well... I don´t worry too much about the prices of the Tornados. Why is that? I only need to think about the price if I intend to sell it. As long as i keep my bike, i don´t lose any money. Maybe you guys are worried because I are afraid of the possible future selling of your bikes.

In fact, I think I paid too much for my bike. But what can I say? I wanted exactly this bike with this equipment and this condition and i wanted it on time. So, I didn´t have a big choice and I paid the price for it.

We all should lay back and relax. I will store my bike in the living room before I sell it for 3500 GBP. I think the dropping prices are showing the current level of Benelli´s image and their marketing activities. But do I care? I enjoy to own my bike. And I hope you guys do, too. With our passion, we let others dream of own a Tornado as well. And as more and more are interested, the prices will rise again. Nothing to worry.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hear hear! I feel so fond of my Benelli after that I think I am going to cry :bawl:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Never thought that I am able to make you cry.

Anyway... if it´s tears of happiness, it´s my pleasure :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Colin YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF YOUR LE. ITS AN LE.
I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT HANG LOOSE
I love my Tornado and everything about it.
I want to ride it but my shoulder won't let me. So i have to sell so i can buy a Trek and stay with the Brand i love, BUT that means giving mine away. This will not happen so it looks like my Tornado will sit in the garage and not get ridden . I will in time go out and buy an old CBR1000f to hack about on. I can ride them with no shoulder trouble....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts