Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all.

It was this one: http://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/buster/08022009_G

ACT rego 74738
VIN ZBNTB0003P100584
Engine B3002626
Stolen between 3.30pm Friday 27 Nov 2009 and 11.00am Saturday 28 Nov 2009.

It was chained with an Oxford security chain to another bike parked next to it which the thieves apparently didn't touch but the chain was busted (see photo) - goes to show how valuable/useful they aren't. The bike also had a disc lock on it.

This is the second motorbike I've had stolen in less than a year - my Katana was taken from the exact same spot on xmas eve 2008.

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
:bawl: Gutted for you, mate. That's an awful feeling. I've been lucky to have never had a bike stolen, but my car was stolen right out of my driveway last May and never recovered so I know how you feel.

·
5,933 Posts
That's totally crap. They reckon they'll be able to sell it? Or even sell it in bits? They've got to be joking. As soon as it surfaces, we'll hear of it. There's just too few of them in Oz.

Where in Canberra was it parked?
I can ask around, maybe put it out amongst the Ulysses crowd.

Strangely, your VIN isn't on my LIST. Didn't even know you were so close ! Thought you were in Qld.

·
5,933 Posts
http://www.ulyssesclub.org/
Over 50,000 members worlwide
"It is the largest organisation of its kind with over 137 branches in Australia and it now has branches in Canada, Germany, New Zealand (1988), Vietnam (2008),South Africa (1997), Norway and the United Kingdom, and members in Italy, Papua New Guinea, Shanghai, Singapore, Fiji, China, Austria and Thailand." - wikipedia

You've probably got a branch near you.

As soon as buster can give me a location, I'll put the word out.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The bike theives can't be that bright stealing something that stands out like a tornado:doh: It can only go for parts its a pity you didn't micro dot it. mind you i haven't done mine :doh:

·
3,085 Posts
should be easy enough to recover

contact MC wreckers in Vic, NSW and ACT, keep checking ebay and the www.mcsales.com.au
www.bikepoint.com.au
and www.bikesales.com.au sites, also try contacting them.

lets face it, their are only about 40-45 tornados in Oz, red ones about one third to one quarter of that, how they expext to be able toride it around or sell on is pretty hard, most likely they'll sell it one to a local who will get stuck with a hot bike.

ring local bike shops too and any nearby benelli dealers, someone will need parts at some stage. email through pics etc for dealers to put on their front windows too.
it just how much damage will be done before its recovered :mad:

i look on ebay all the time so i'll keep a lookout .
is it insured? because if they end up apying out you may be able to nab another 900 or 1130 tornado, quite a few around for sale on those internet sale sites mentioned above.
Good Luck:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thanks guys, yeah I'll bring a couple of posters up to the local bike shops, hopefully they will keep an eye out. I'd appreciate if you could keep an eye out for me too. TBH I'm half worried that it will be found, only in a sad state - it was in near perfect nick and having some scumbag's arse on it kind of spoils it a bit anyway...

Engenia, it was stolen from the lower carpark of Haig Tower, 2 Masson St, Turner, ACT between 3.30pm Friday 27 Nov 2009 and 11.00am Saturday 28
Nov 2009.

I've told my mates not to assume any red Benelli is mine, knowing yours is around, but just in case you should keep an eye out for anyone running towards you with a crowbar!! :D I'd bought it from QLD, then rode it down to Canberra (on the weekend of the Vic bushfires).

EDIT: This photo isn't of mine, sadly I don't really have too many good quality photos from this kind of angle where you get a good sense of the bike's styling... always wanted to but never got around to it :-(

·
5,933 Posts
I've just sent the details to a local Ulysses committee member, who will pass it on to our members. I'll see if it's possible to send it to every Ulysses member in Australia.

Tell your mates, Mine's got:-
wavy front rotors (at present)
datadot stickers on the top of the screen
ASV levers & clutch is hydraulic
pillion seat replaced by a carbon fibre rack
Robby Moto rearsets
rego 64-900
stop light flashes
pro-oiler controller left of dash
headlight cover

Probably a little different to yours, if you look closely, but I'll keep an eye out for blokes wielding iron bars.

We'll be keeping an eye out for you. Won't be hard to spot if it's on the road.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've just sent the details to a local Ulysses committee member, who will pass it on to our members. I'll see if it's possible to send it to every Ulysses member in Australia.
That would be awesome, thanks mate.

Tell your mates, Mine's got:-
Will do. I wouldn't be too worried, I was only joking, I don't know anybody who would use a crowbar (although I did tell them there was another one around, just in case). The rego, wavy discs and rear seat are a dead giveaway, so I'll let them know those details in particular. Do you have a stock exhaust?

·
5,933 Posts
Posted to the Australian Defence motorcycle page :-

Posted At: Tuesday, 1 December 2009 08:22
Posted To: Motorcycling
Conversation: Stolen - Canberra - Benelli Tre
Subject: Stolen - Canberra - Benelli Tre

2003 Benelli Tornado Tre stolen from Turner, ACT, 27-28 Nov 09. See attached for details.

There are only two bright red examples of this bike within 500 km of Canberra so if you see one and the rego plate has no zeroes in it you may have seen the stolen one.

Bruce

·
1,231 Posts
Crushed

Mate, I am absolutely gutted for you. Thiefs broke into our garage and stole my two childrens Honda dirtbikes. The feeling of violation you feel is indescribable. If you do recover her or get a payout and buy a new one I recommend the ALMAX Chain I have six of them!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
very very much obliged fellas - will keep you informed of any news.

those almax chains look the biz, by the way.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Have only just seen this - B#####DS , not good but suppose that its rariety is in your favour - Do you have a paypal account as we could all post an amount into it and it could be used as an incentive for information leading to recovery / prosecution of bike / thief . if you do email me at [email protected] and i'd put a donation in . tis the season of goodwill after all and helping a fellow Benelli guy is for more than xmas its for life :) - no amount too small etc etc as there's enough on here and if it didnt get any response at least you could have a drink for the Ol Girl :)

·
3,085 Posts
i'll second that

and if it doesnt show up use it for beer to drown your sorrows ;)

you could also try the importers, Motorsport Importers, they may ask dealers to alert them if your VIN comes up.

·
5,933 Posts
very very much obliged fellas - will keep you informed of any news.

those almax chains look the biz, by the way.
This little device may be useful as well. The Almax chain (which can be cut with an angle grinder) would look like the only line of defence. A GPS tracker could sit in the tail, or even under the tank. The Geo-Fence could be set up to send GPRS tracking data, if breached, and the thief would be oblivious to it. The cops would love it.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'm gutted for you fella

Whether you have insurance to cover a payout or not - it still doesnt make up for have your pride and joy nicked

Friggin barstewards :mad: :mad:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts