Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,841 Posts
If this is a tre, then comparing against the rs wiring it is prob the safety relay (rele sicurezza) the wiring colours do not match as you say. What it actually does I do not know ??:doh: It looks like it cuts ignition fuel pump etc if not energised.
PS but I could be wrong:doh: :doh:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Colin,
looking at the another diagram I think its the relay injection shown on the wiring diag next to the hazzard control unit (flasher relay I think)

·
1,841 Posts
Hi dave, my reason of thinking is.... the rs manual diag shows 6 relays,the tre one shows 7 relays and the one that is not present on the rs is the safety relay
the flasher relay is shown elsewhere on the diags and mine from memory is forward from the bank of 6 relays and in the case of rs there is no relay next to the batt as in your pic.
colin.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi dave, my reason of thinking is.... the rs manual diag shows 6 relays,the tre one shows 7 relays and the one that is not present on the rs is the safety relay
the flasher relay is shown elsewhere on the diags and mine from memory is forward from the bank of 6 relays and in the case of rs there is no relay next to the batt as in your pic.
colin.
Thanks Colin,
It must be a difference between models or year of manufacture
In the pic i have it shows item 28 x 6 relays and item 29 next to the flasher relay.

·
1,841 Posts
Yes you are right, I just looked on the parts drawing (I guess this is what you looked at, I was looking in the workshop manual wiring diagrams)and it shows R18243211A RELE' INIEZIONE next to the flasher relay. There are parts of the rs wiring loom that are different to the tre.
colin

·
1,841 Posts
You could try RS COMPONENTS ,they have quite a few automotive 12 volt relays on there list.There should be something suitable if a genuine is not available.
colin.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone have one of these relays?
Its the 4 pin one next to the battery and has orange, red, black and a small orange wire going to it.
Turns out this is the Injector relay part # R18243211A RELE' INIEZIONE
View attachment 1648
Can anyone help??

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dave i think there is one brandnew relay of this kind on french ebay if you dare.:rolleyes:
Had them contacted and they seemed ok.

Cheers Per

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave i think there is one brandnew relay of this kind on french ebay if you dare.:rolleyes:
Had them contacted and they seemed ok.

Cheers Per
Thanks Per,
Just found that one but i`m waiting to see if the Russ meister :bow: can find one.
If not I will go for the french ebay one.
thanks again......................anyone else????

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I've got one off a standard TRE's wiring harness if that's any good Dave. Different coloured wires running to it but I bet it's the same relay.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Awe shucks..........calling me things like that..you'll be wanting it for nothing then :rolling:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awe shucks..........calling me things like that..you'll be wanting it for nothing then :rolling:
coming from a Scotsman that rare to say the least:rolling:
My dear old Mum, who was born in Fife, always told me "not to look a gift horse in the mouth laddy"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts